Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu - Millenium no Shoujo announced!?

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

123 posts
scy
Manticor

Re: Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu - Millenium no Shoujo announced!

Postby scy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:48 pm

Shousa
Fenrir

Postby Shousa » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:58 pm

At least she didn't fall from the sky and/or originally came from our earth/past/future. Also, she isn't yet holding some kind of item, like a pendant, that will unleash some kind of ultimate power.

"The more laws and order are made prominent,
the more thieves and robbers there will be." - Laozi

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Even though I saw this coming (what with the non-generic party members in EOIV), I'm actually kinda pissed right now.

They could have at least gone the 7th Dragon 2020 route and had customizable characters with various options for voice acting.

@Scy: lmao

@Shousa: inb4 she's actually 1,000+ years old and is from shinjuku.

emailboxu
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby emailboxu » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:35 pm

:(

As if the storyline in EO was even the reason why people played these games in the first place. A straight up EO1 remake with EO4-level graphics and gameplay would be better imo ;_;

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:38 pm

If you're playing the EO games solely for the story, there's something wrong with you.

But yeah, a straight up EOI remake would be most preferable.

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:46 pm

I am with you, people. It's not like the story was that mindblowing in EO1, but let's just wait how this turns out.

And like you said on Skype (Zeta), hopefully this won't be permanent change to Etrian.
Last edited by Ninten on Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rhythm
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Rhythm » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:51 pm

UGH! Ok I really don't know how to feel about this. On one hand I really want to play more of EO1, but in the other I don't want them to ruin it. If this is just a spin off series then fine, but if they decide to abandon the main series for this "Shin" series then funk off. It could be a good game in its own right, but I want the series to stay faithful to its roots. I like games with story and main characters, but Etrian Odyssey is not meant to be like that. So I am very bleh towards this news for right now.
You spoony bard!

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:52 pm

Niinou must be turning in his sleep.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:16 pm

ueI
Ragelope

Postby ueI » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:27 pm

I read somewhere that characters can change their class?

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:37 pm

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:03 pm

I just want to see how the mechanics change.

Which reminds me that I need to find all of my EO1 stuff so I can proceed to realize that none of it will matter for this remake.

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:36 pm

I was actually thinking about playing my old EO1 copy recently..but I want to finish postgame first on EO4

Guess I'll focus on EO4 so my memory of the EO story remains cloudy for this game...But yea I'm looking forward to this, don't mind the locked characters that much especially if it makes for a more enjoyable and insteresting story.

Also I wonder what classes will make the cut for this game...I would think anything is up for grabs regarding EO1-EO3 classes with the mention of some spear based character(me thinks it could be protector or Wildling?)and also that gunner...so yea...

*crosses fingers for updated Yggdroids >.>* Unlikely..but would be funny to have rocket punching humans...xD
RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

Terithian
Fenrir

Postby Terithian » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:35 pm

What I'm getting from this is that there will still be the same amount of character customization, and the only real difference will be that the characters won't be blank slates. I've been playing Unchained Blades recently, and fully voiced characters can still work well in a dungeon crawler scenario. I'm personally quite excited, especially since I never got a chance to play EO1. Well, as long as Yuzo Koshiro always does the music for the series, I'll always be happy.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:39 pm

Quite frankly, the OST is the only thing I'm honestly looking forward to at this point.

123 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”