Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu - Millenium no Shoujo announced!?

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

123 posts
FomeRubr555
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu - Millenium no Shoujo announced!

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:33 am

My main gripe with the whole customization bit is that I sincerely doubt any of the new characters will be as cute as the old Ronin/Hexer do. They can improve the game's system all they want, add all the shiny bells and whistles and new features. But, it just won't be the same if I don't have those two sprites for use on my team...

On the other hand, if I can get Imperials and Yggdroids again, maybe I can accept it. I'll just have to wait for more information to come out before I judge it.
EO1: P R | A H M
EO2: P R | G H M
EO3: H/N Y/B S/B | Z/A P/M
EO4: I/F I/N I/R | S/N A/M

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:06 pm

If nothing else, Ren and Tlachtga are in the game. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if they're usable this time around.

I suggest people not thinking the franchise is ruined just because this game exists. Especially with the very limited amount of information we currently have.

I welcome the possibility of New EO2 if only so they can make RDW/GH the standard party and I can feel smug. And, well, for the chance of being able to use Artelind and Wilhelm.

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:07 pm

I would stay positive about it until more news are released. Also, so long as Yuzo Koshiro is in charge of the music, at least one aspect of the game is secured.
What worries me is that
1. For those of us who have played EO1 before, since we all know how the story turns out, the gaming experience maybe inferior than previous titles;
2. Remaking EO1 is ok, but the idea that every EO, 4 included, might be remake (like Pokemon LG/FR, HG/SS) chills me even though I may very well enjoy them...
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby PLA » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:10 pm

Everything is wuined! Wuuiinned!

Edit: HG/SS are the best pokemon-games.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Lord Zombie
Bloodant

Postby Lord Zombie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:39 pm

RPTR-00 [Y] , RPTR-01 [Y]

RPTR-02 [Y] RPTR-03 [Y] RPTR-04[Y]

Terithian
Fenrir

Postby Terithian » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:01 pm

Well, as long as the remakes have different dungeon designs, I'm fine with them remaking whatever they want. If it has the exact same layouts, though, there's no way I would buy them. I never played EO1 though, so either way this remake will be all new to me.

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:26 pm

I think it's pretty safe to assume there will be changes to the dungeon. Considering screenshots have shown monsters that weren't originally in EO1, it's not hard to imagine they'd change the layout as well. Though...I suppose they could use the exact same maps and just change the monsters on them, even if that would be terribly silly.

I'm not too worried about the story growing dull, even for those who have played EO1. Mostly because of the inclusion of these new characters. It would be silly to force this party on you and then have them have no baring on the plot. At the least, their reactions to the events will give it a bit more life. At best, they'll have some actual involvement in that plot and change it up. I'm not really sure how they'll do that, considering , but you never know. There's likely to be some significant changes to it that we'll have to play to see.

...Also Ren and Tlachtga were still not as good as these two character sprites:

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:14 am

I'm still speculating on it. I really didn't want to go buying games again, especially because I still have a few to complete both in and outside of the Etrian Odyssey franchise.

However, I still demand that we can choose the voice acting.

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:29 am

Here's my logic: How do we know there WILL be Hexers and Ronins? We don't and at the same time, this could be like a prelude to EO 1 or an epilogue as well. We could finally find out what happened to Ren, Tlachtga, and, without mentioning names, our friends from a certain dried stratum...

Since the given party has a Gunner, this could happen after the events in EO 1 but since they're calling it a "remake", who can be sure. But, I guess since they couldn't call it a sequel they had to call it something else.

The possibilities for this game are endless. But they're also confined to doing so much without going under or above the limitations that the series has already imposed on itself. For exmaple: some people have been pushing for being able to see one's characters while travesing the dungeon. [sarcasm] Thats a great idea! While we're at it, let's make a Call of Duty or Halo game where, instead of fighting, we resolves our differences with shear love and kindness. For games whose main draw points are guns and the experience of being in a soldiers shoes (or an outer space soldier/warrior/chief guy), it'll most definitely work [/sarcasm]. My main point: I'll accept it depending on the things it does correctly since the first game in the series.

Also, one thing that really keeps me away is the "forced party". We HAVE to play with the characters they give us so we might have to get used to a whole new party configuration. This is good and bad in that, if this game was released before EO 1, think about how much harder it would have been without that freedom to create your own party but the up side is that it allows one to use characters they would not normally use in EO 1. From what I've heard/read so far, we have the main character (whose class I don't know), a Gunner, a Medic, an Alchemist, and a Protector. This kind of party would not be my first choice but it'll be a test of my own intelligence and capacity to accept new things within the game. I would get the chance to see how this type of party fares against my otherwise chosen party. All this is with subclassing aside.

One last thing: Immunize? Please?

FomeRubr555
Bloodant

Postby FomeRubr555 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:44 am

Well, I do agree that we should just wait and see. How strictly or loosely they apply the term 'remake', only time will tell. But I for one, and I'd think many others in the fanbase, would be pretty mad if they removed Ronin and Hexer. Well, maybe it has something to do with how those two were my favorite classes from the original, I don't know...

Something tells me they'll nerf Immunize. But maybe they'll also nerf everything else in the game to make things more balanced.

Emrin
Killclaw

Postby Emrin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:48 am

Noooooo! I need my Immunize! How else will I survive against the Treerats!?

Terithian
Fenrir

Postby Terithian » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:59 am

scy
Manticor

Postby scy » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:26 am

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:32 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:00 pm

Could give two shits about the gender of the protag, but that generic "MC runs into an amnesiac loli" bullshit is just......

REALLY?

123 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”