Shin SQ rage (and wild speculation) goes here

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

741 posts
Kaname
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Shin SQ rage (and wild speculation) goes here

Postby Kaname » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:24 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:46 pm

^ Loved this post =D

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:51 am

Why are we talking about possible panty shots of a class that probably doesn't have a lower body to begin with?

Why are we talking about fanservice in the Etrian Odyssey game series ANYWAYS?

That post is so gross I don't even know where to begin and I would rather NOT reply to it in any way. The only thing I ask is that we get away from the conversation about fanservice as I think this is starting to majorly derail the whole topic.

If you guys wish to discuss fan service in the Etrian Odyssey series, please make a whole other topic about it elsewhere - I would prefer that you didn't, though. Shousa, you've got some rather disgusting tastes and I'm rather starting to get grossed out by you, I'll be honest.

You've obviously got some strange appetites and this isn't the first time they've become a subject of controversy. May I suggest that you tone it down and maybe refrain from mentioning them AT ALL? Our crowd is obviously not the sort that is as interested in them as you are?

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:14 am

What Kaname and Maxine said. And thank you Maxine in particular for making it clear that Shousa's POV is not welcome on this forum.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:23 am

Aww. I don't agree with Shousa either and I think his perspective is a bit misguided, but I don't think anyone's tastes are disgusting or gross. This is a rant topic, there was ranting going on. I can see you wanting him to post it somewhere else, but I think users should be encouraged, and not discouraged, from doing so. If no one like it and no one wants to discuss it, then the topic will die and that will be that.

That said, I think from a marketing standpoint, it is better to move away from fan service. Design conventions, which is what we see in exposed female character =/= deliberate fan services. Deliberate fan service would be like the summer DLC from Fire Emblem: Awakening, that very deliberately took the two most attractive girls and two most attractive guys and put them in swimwear. The artist is a complete pervert and some of the fans wanted it, so it was only natural.

What happens with the designs is just what artists, especially in Asia, tend to habitually gravitate towards when designing female characters. They don't know any other way. But, as the medium evolves, products are taking a more solidified stance. That is to say, products not designed to be erotic are less erotic, and vice versa; products that intend to stimulate the consumer in other ways, make more bold advances.

Instead of fan service, it is better to leave it up to the fans to please the fans. Because, honestly, I can use a handful of other games that have made very bad decisions with fan service that have offended and lost a fair share of customers. It is not something you want up front and sprinkled over your product, but rather left to the discretion of a small segment of your consumer base.

A good example are games where you can essentially voluntarily remove all the clothing from your character; so long as they are not discriminate about it based on gender, I am fine with it since I am not seeing it. I hate when a game lets you have skinny bimbo in strings, but when you do the same thing to a guy they are better dressed and less... endowed. Again, I rather not have it at all, but at least if it is out of the way you can appeal to that small part of your market.

Also, I am trying to be fair but your statement about Ren and Tlachtga made me chuckle. I am afraid that is something you are trying very hard to perceive as opposed to the actual intent.

In any event, if you want someone to talk to about it, Shousa, perhaps you will get better reception from me in private.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:18 am

As many (myself included) have stated in their posts, much of this is purely overly skeptical statements about what MAY or MAY NOT be in the game and that we'll have to wait and see what happens before any such fears can be dis/proven.

After all, this is a thread for "RAGE AND WILD SPECULATION"

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:52 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:52 am

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:36 am

From the limited information, I am considering Grimoires as another type of subclassing. And I am bit concerned in how frequently it "pops" Grimoires Chance stuff. If some overpower Grimoires takes more effort than a , then that shouldn't even affect the main game at all.
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:56 pm

I wonder what other premade class characters were made...

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:08 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:26 pm

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:29 pm

Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-04-27 at 10.31.49 PM.jpg

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Cool, more confirmed stuff:
- Visil is still in the game
- animated cutscenes(?)
- 6th Stratum:

Also, how is this highlander in the 5th stratum (or near some kind of pod/suspended animation chamber) AT THE START OF THE GAME? lol

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:56 pm

741 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”