Shin SQ rage (and wild speculation) goes here

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

741 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Re: Shin SQ rage (and wild speculation) goes here

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:55 pm

Nope. I actually own several modded video games systems with region switches on them (NTSC-U/NTSC-J/PAL) and found that some games on the NES and Sega Genesis have both languages on them.

igniz13
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby igniz13 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:07 pm

emailboxu
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby emailboxu » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:46 am

Is the game supposed to be really easy?

I played it on the middle mode (2nd option of the 3), which I assumed to be the regular difficulty.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:16 am

I have it set to expert which I assumed was regular EO gameplay since when I selected it, the script even said as much. The idea of having the option to continue after death.... less than appealing.

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:36 am

picnic: with a balanced party, you can auto-battle your way into the second stratum, and if you suddenly die you can just restart

normal: similar to EO4 difficulty, a lot easier than veterans of the first game will remember it being, about standard with RPG difficulty

expert: more like EO1 or 2 difficulty, but the new skill tree takes some of the edge off the first floor (regardless of ren and stimpy helping you)

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Ugh, I'll just stick with what I chose. I'll probably do "hard" for my NG+. Just want to finish the story mode as quick as possible anyway to unlock the other classes.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:02 pm

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:53 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:18 am

That has been one of my favorite parts of the game so far. (Take that with a grain of salt. I still haven't gotten into the Labyrinth.)

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:21 pm

I love the new skill tree leveling system. ^_^ Took me by surprise when I first started. I wasn't paying attention when I was setting skill points and I looked back and thought "wait... why do I have skill points in four different skills when I only had 3 to spend?"

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Far more balanced overall.

...even if my Medic with Lv.1 Fire enchant can make my Landsknecht do more elemental damage than my Alchemist with Lv.9 skills.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:47 pm

(EO sprite templates )

lulzace
Fenrir

Postby lulzace » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:36 pm

As long as the class isn't 90% useless we can work things out :D

When/if we get EOV I hope they Do the masteries like IV did. Not necessarily the "you cant get this until x level" or even the 3 points only but the special class only effects add a bit more to deciding what you want to aim for.

lulzace
Fenrir

Postby lulzace » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:18 pm

That Ultimate boss is...dangerous to say the least. Still not sure if that thing or Primevil is worse.

741 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”