Shin SQ rage (and wild speculation) goes here

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

741 posts
Etrian Veteran
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Shin SQ rage (and wild speculation) goes here

Postby Etrian Veteran » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:47 pm

Primevil by far. After all, I could actually beat EOIV's ultimate boss without a guide. I couldn't beat Primevil even with a guide!
FC: 3952-7612-1296

Skorch
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Skorch » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:29 pm

Warped Savior? Once you learn it's pattern, it's not that hard.
Primevil? Don't know, but I'm sure it's more difficult than ws.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:05 pm

follows a set attack pattern. Beyond his elemental attacks (Which can be predicted and prevented with Antifire/ice/volt) his only other dangerous attack is Necrosis which inflicts Instant Death... T_T

IIRC, you can prevent him from doing this if you have a certain number of buffs active on the turns he uses it and I do know that gear that resists instant death helps out in surviving it. Overall, I personally think the trip to him is much harder than the actual fight itself.
Last edited by Wolkenritter on Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lulzace
Fenrir

Postby lulzace » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:39 am

Well WS does the same thing if you don't use chemicals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZ1iMYIz_XM

Though Ur is probably the worst since it is literally random at night.

Edit: Scratch that then. If death resist works against Prim then WS is worse(Possibly even THE worst) there's no point in even using any b/c even w/ max resist you insta-die anyway. Which is why we either have to do what was done in that video there, or super-speed and kill it before it can cast w/ a regular party.

It's like it's just "Fully Unblockable" untyped damage rather than an ailment.

And he did that as a challenge. If any of us had done it b4 him we woulda won 200 bucks, then his GF found out and it became an LOL nope fest. Though I didn't know about the money. Probably woulda used a L/? and a N/I instead though. Forgot what team i was using but I had a F/D as well.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Honestly I'd say is the worst since its either use exploits or have a specific party solely made to pump out DPS to defeat him before he randomizes his attack pattern. Granted... if he stuck to his attack pattern all the way through instead of going more random for every 1/4 of his HP you shave off... he'd probably be the easiest of the 6th strata bosses.

at night is impossible to beat conventionally but it is doable if you abuse Painless and Revenge. at day on the other hand is pretty tame compared to the other 6th strata bosses. Only real hurdles are forced Protector use (Antielems) and Solitude which will devastate full parties of 5.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:20 pm

(EO sprite templates )

lulzace
Fenrir

Postby lulzace » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:36 am

Strategy is like the king of all reasons to play games. Getting into MH because of that. Well that and Dragons. Shiny mother#@$%ing Dragons.

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:50 am

lulzace
Fenrir

Postby lulzace » Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:08 pm

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:24 am

lulzace
Fenrir

Postby lulzace » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:59 am

That's hard though. It's not like you want to be spoon fed info just enough to make it less overwhelming. But being a newcomer you get more "Don't get hit." than actual info about how to start yourself off and what to do because it seems so overwhelming.

I even noticed it with friends. I wasn't paying attention much but it took them a while to get into MH even with the in game story quests because there is just so much stuff.

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:35 am

All I needed was a guy who could answer all my questions and who occasionally brought up little tidbits I did not know. Weeaboolits was that guy.

Rothene
Fenrir

Postby Rothene » Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:42 am

lulzace
Fenrir

Postby lulzace » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:23 am

Well 3U DOES have it in the form of the VQ's. It's just some stuff you wont be able to pick up on how essential they are. Like combining, saves so much when you know what to do right? But they don't really explain it much in game, so it's up to you.

Sine VQ's aren't mandatory you can easily miss it, then go to the other guild to try to do those quests since it does mention those quests /the ship first, then wonder why you cant kill anything. I got Rathian's moves down for example, it just wouldn't die. And asking around the internet is kinda pointless since people get angry when you don know what to do.

EO has a learning curve, sure, but MH just really has SO MUCH to the game that it can spawn any number of reactions amongst newer players.

Sure we have conditionals and we need drops to buy items but in MH you need drops for everything all the same, though hte method of getting them is different. You can harvest and combine those harvested items for better items and so on.

There are a lot of helpful nice people still, just hope you luck up with one when you ask something I guess.

lulzace
Fenrir

Postby lulzace » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:14 am

Sorry. Anyway I was wondering, how does EOU's Gunner compare to 2's? Seem's like it's %'s are higher. And <3 that vulcan stance.

741 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”