Shin SQ rage (and wild speculation) goes here

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

741 posts
Etrian Veteran
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Shin SQ rage (and wild speculation) goes here

Postby Etrian Veteran » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:09 pm

I just hope there's an option to turn all voice acting off. I don't really need it to enjoy the game.
FC: 3952-7612-1296

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:38 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:06 am

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:46 am

"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

emailboxu
Fenrir

Postby emailboxu » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:14 pm

Why are you so angry? Fire Emblem had both Japanese and English voice acting included in the NA release, so it's not a stretch to hope that Atlus would do the same. You're getting upset over preferences, just because yours differs from the other people in this thread doesn't mean they should be importing their games.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:38 am

Truth be told, I'm starting to prefer having an English dub for my anime. Sure. Japanese dubs are fun to listen to, but I prefer to wait...

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:09 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:45 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:10 am

why does everyone keep using fire emblem as an example for dual audio? That's not an Atlus game, that's Nintendo. The only Atlus property I can think of that had dual audio was P4A, and that was developed by ArcSys. It has little to do with system capabilities and mostly to do with what the people handling the game are allowed to do.

As a tester I can say that most of the people of Atlus USA would love to have dual audio in every game, but that's just not often feasible from a developmental or especially a publishing standpoint.

Here's a good post from XSEED on the subject especially dealing with Shousa's standpoint:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=525009

Terithian
Fenrir

Postby Terithian » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:40 am

So basically, don't blame Atlus for "ruining" the game with dubbed voices, blame the Japanese government for their draconian xenophobic copyright laws.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:38 pm

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:02 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:44 am

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:34 am

Oh noes, now I won't be able to hear those 1 second clips of audio in clearly superior Japanese!

This is bullshit!

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:37 am

The board wanted me to change my PW again, so I got lazy and didn't do it until now.

741 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”