Demo Announced

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Demo Announced

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:39 am

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:57 am

Last edited by Snowdome on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:17 am

...How do you guys NOT get her name?

Tlachtga - it's easy.

Start with a "T"
next part is "latch" (which reminds me of how she's all latched up) except that the "t" in latch is at the end. lacht
Then just add the "ga" at the end.

I won't deny - and I have already complained about it - that she made 1F a cakewalk and I did not appreciate it. However, I don't think that should be held against her character.

The only VA I have to disagree with so far is Arthur :3 needs more whine. But the others are quite agreeable and I LOVE Shilleka's voice.

The voice for the red-orb-alarm is something I absolutely love and it makes me smile. Why? XD Because in past games it's exactly what I've always imagined my characters would say. "Look out everyone! I sense a monster's presence." "Weapons ready... I sense evil in the forest." :3 and other such cheesy lines.

So far I have very little to say against the game. And OMG I loved badass Frederica opening. Ok... except the difficulty. Which I am playing on Expert.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY GAME OVER?!! AN HOUR IN THE GAME AND I STILL HAVE NOT SEEN THE GAME OVER SCREEN!! >:[

[] - [] - [] - []

Garlyle
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Garlyle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:12 am

I don't mind the voice acting. I wouldn't mind it if the game had've included a "frequency" setting for the voice acting quips though - I cam imagine some of them will start to drag on a little as time goes by (they are very frequent), but I don't want to completely shut them off. Then again I'm rarely bothered by voice acting unless it's remarkably atrocious.

Point is I'm having a lot of fun but I hit level 10 way too fast ;-;

(EO sprite templates )

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:52 am

The voice acting is hmm, okayish I guess. About on par with all American dubs of Japanese games. It gets in the way a little when you're in town and navigating menus quickly, and the red alert remarks will probably grate after a while.

My only other complaint so far about the demo is Where's the EO difficulty gone to? Atlus must've been really super worried about this series being too hard. I'm playing on Expert mode, and even there the first 1½ floors were a cakewalk. Not to mention the tutorial popups every few steps. If I were QA I'd say hold the release until Expert mode has been fixed to take veteran players into account.

Oh wait, one more thing. Does anyone understand grimoire breeding? To be honest, the whole thing feels as if it was tacked on instead of integrated from the start, the way the grimoire stuff is hidden away in an unmarked skill sub-screen and the mansion.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:02 pm

(EO sprite templates )

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:31 pm

halifix
Fenrir

Postby halifix » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:21 pm

I do dislike that they only explain the grimoire chance thing once (I thought you needed to have that character kill an enemy), but I assume that all of this is going to be in the manual in the full release. The grimoires aren't necessary for the demo, anyways.

For these guildmaster requests... how are they generated? By continuing the story? Passage of real time? I've been hoarding my quests so I can turn them all in for xp once I get the full game. Wondering if I should do the same with requests.

Oh, and I've been putting one point into the gathering skills, because I thought I might get access to rare materials inaccessible otherwise. Anyone know if this happens or not?

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:29 pm

the housekeeper requests happen i think based on game progression, but they are always randomly generated to apply to whatever the most recent floor you visited was. the other thing is, every time you drink one of rosa's cordials, her affection for you goes up the same way it does when you finish a request. higher affection means you unlock more cordials, which you want to do, because i think the second one you get is TP regen (though if you use them more than once in a row there's usually a penalty)

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:17 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Skorch
Ragelope

Postby Skorch » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:45 pm

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:49 pm

lulzace
Fenrir

Postby lulzace » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:49 am

Tlachtga will be the bane of my pronunciation. Hopefully she talks more.

66 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”