EO Untold Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

704 posts
Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: EO Untold Rantage!

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:28 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

BlueMortimer
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby BlueMortimer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:47 pm

Skele Von Mann
Manticor

Postby Skele Von Mann » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:08 pm

Well this foe took a lot out of me, but hey there's the way to unlock shortcut so I don't have walk all the way around!

Oh a bunch of enemies? I have nothing to fight them with, so maybe I should just run and hope for the best?

Nope, front line gets crushed, back line follows.

this is what i live for

the despair of being too cocky

Also man, I feel like the story characters have bonuses on their skills or something, I wanted to rest Arthur and the rest, but I swear if I got him back to where he was, he'd lose those extra points on fire formula. Not sure if it's just the points from unlocking the skills that's making me confused about that.
When you're alone, always remember:

Reynard-Miri
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:25 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:36 pm

Hrrrm... it had not occurred to me to put the protector in the back row.... hrrrrm.... she DOES use a bow....

I might change my line up a little... give a try.

[] - [] - [] - []

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:38 pm

(EO sprite templates )

BlueMortimer
Ragelope

Postby BlueMortimer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:45 pm

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:43 pm

Some ranting:
EO1 was the first of the games that i played, so seeing as how this game is totally amazing makes me feel pretty good. I also feel that now i don't need to eventually go out and find a copy of that game for myself ;) (i was borrowing it) This game is beautiful and helps me out.

I didn't like the idea of a Story Mode at first. I was going to pass it up for Classic right away, but decided that if i didn't start with Story, i'd probably never play it. I am currently on the 12th floor, and i think now that these characters are not so bad and they have a good purpose: to give cold, calculating hearts like my own a template for putting real people inside a game. I still don't feel like my battles fully involve beings of flesh-and-blood, but these characters are giving me a new perspective on explorations-of-mysterious-mazes-full-of-deadly-monsters.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:47 pm

im sure i said somewhere that "normal" is etrian 3-4 and "expert" is etrian 1-2

I didn't play much of 3 because I disliked the classes, but picking up 4 I was shocked by how easy it was. I'm sure a lot of people didn't like that.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:26 am

:(

Also, I went out of my way to kill two certain F.O.Es just so that I could have them written down in the bestiary thingy. If you've been to floor 18 or so, you should know which ones i'm talking about.

I'm just a little tiny bit ashamed in myself to get distracted from the task at hand because of skimply clad F.O.Es, but whatever. :P
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Skorch
Ragelope

Postby Skorch » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:01 am

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:08 am

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:47 am

*agrees* I've played EO1 three times through. The expert mode is nothing alarming and is what I would expect from the EO1 game. ^_^; It's.. refreshing/frustrating to be seeing the Game Over screen so much again....

Also O_O Raquna in back line.... OooooOOOoooohh.... she's more "sturdy" this way. It definitely enhances my Provoke/Regenerate/Fortify method. I definitely approve. I think I'm keeping her there. There's not much difference - at least this way when I do "front line" protect skill - frederica is being protected a little more closely. she seems to have the weakest defense.

[] - [] - [] - []

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:02 am

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

halifix
Fenrir

Postby halifix » Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:03 am

Well, I had my first party wipe. Ambushed in 3rd stratum by the enemy that uses Charge. In EO4, my party wiped on the bonus boss in the beginner's area; I think that was from running out of tp, though.

I think I should throw away my need to have all the xp amounts lined up. I'm currently resetting if a party member dies at the last turn of battle. I never finished an EO game with everyone with the same xp amount.

I will make a medic when I play classic mode, but mostly for the portrait; I'm not against reclassing. I would be interested in seeing if a hexer/troubadour team could replace the protector/medic combo.

704 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”