EO Untold Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

704 posts
ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Re: EO Untold Rantage!

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:25 pm

My brother jacked my 3DS a few weeks ago so his GF could play Pokemon X/Y with him. Haven't seen it since. I should also mention that he put my EO:U cart in one of the aforementioned Pokemon game cases. God knows where those went (he takes AWFUL care of his things), and I was SO CLOSE to getting that Lv.10 Crit Up grimoire T_T

Though to be fair, I DID kind of take his 3DS for over a month when EOIV came out.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:43 am

Good thing you buy multiple copies of everything :D

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

WillowWolf
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby WillowWolf » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:40 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:32 pm

the more direct indication of them wanting to make more EOU games is the "generate extra data" function which outright says it will be used in a future title (there WAS data transfer between EO1 and EO2) but depending on how well the game sold compared to EO4, it's still only a possibility

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:45 pm

I had a change of heart and I think I'm going to get Untold when it arrives in Europe. But EO4 first. (That's what I've asked for christmas this year)

WillowWolf
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby WillowWolf » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:00 am

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:24 am

I should really get around to finishing this. Maybe because the game feels like a step backwards from EO4 (Or perhaps my heavily restricted schedule), but I'm still on the 1st strata and haven't made any real progress.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:03 am

how is it a step backwards to you

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:52 am

Kaname
Killclaw

Postby Kaname » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:05 am

No, actually people dislike subclassing because it goes against the very point of Etrian Odyssey's party system and thus renders it moot. It kills balance entirely and renders some classes useless.

Originally, the classes were designed as such that each brings something to the party that not all others can, so you cannot have everything. With subclassing, you effectively can.

Ultimately, subclassing makes party building more simple, not actually more complex. Grab the superior options from two classes, whoopdedoo.

The Grimoire system at least limits this by requiring IMMENSE grind to get to that point. That's why I prefer it by far - I don't have to gimp my party to have an iota of challenge, unlike EO4, where I'd have to bend over backwards to not overpower the game with ridiculous class combos :P

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:13 pm

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:34 am

Finally beat the game on Story Mode, and dang was it exciting. Heh, while fighting the final boss, I started practically screaming out a made-in-two-seconds song about how supremely awesome my guild was (But it diddn't last long, cause I ran out of things that rhymed with Skyseek). Probabbly my favorite EO so far, acually.

Anyways, now that i've beat the game on Story Mode, should I just jump right into Classic with my items and money n' stuff, or should I at least beat the dragons first? I kinda don't want to leave my Story charicters, but i'm nevertheless eager to hop into acually making up backstories for my own. :P

EDIT: Either i'm not doing something right, or the Story Mode party just sucks. I spent a few hours continuously getting killed by the before I just said "Screw it" and went to Picnic mode to kill him, which was still amazingly hard. I'll probably kill him on standard later so I don't feel like a cheater or something. God, getting the Shinryuu is going to be so freakin' hard....
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:00 am

I was without internet for nearly a week, seemed like a good time to dig into this again. Made a fair amount of progress though, since I'm up to B11F now. So far, I'm a little concerned about my party's performance. While Ecstasy does monstrous damage, I've had little luck in landing my binds on enemies... or more importantly, getting them to stick for more than one turn. Relapse Curse doesn't seem to work on them anymore, which is a little down-heartening. It was certainly an issue while fighting Cernunnos.

On the other hand my Survivalist is still the damage queen as always. I guess the best strategies are the old strategies... maybe I should've went with a second Surv =/
Last edited by Wolkenritter on Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:22 am

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:57 am

I didn't notice THAT much of a relationship going on between between Frederica and the Highlander, really. I mean, you get to be better freinds by the end, sure, but there's no lovey-dovey stuff.

In other news, I started Classic Mode a few days ago, but I got bored and switched to EO3 for the time being. Honestly, I liked Story Mode a bit more than i'm liking Classic Mode right now.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

704 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”