EO Untold Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

704 posts
noodles
ItL Moderator

Re: EO Untold Rantage!

Postby noodles » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:37 pm

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:09 pm

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:56 pm

Sega doesn't have anything to do with it, it's just a logical step since the town npcs were a lot more fleshed out but a lot of people still didn't like story mode

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:19 am

CD-Man2021
Hunter

Postby CD-Man2021 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:16 am

I started playing this a while ago. Things seem alright so far. I put a point into chop because I remember (from my limited playthrough of the original) that you needed it to...you know, actually chop for materials. Turns out you don't. Whoops (At least not in story mode, dunno about the other mode). I've only made it to Gladshelm 2, but those blue bee FOE things are annoying me too much to play at the moment. Stupid Gale. Do I bind their arms or head to stop them from activating it? None of my bindings have hit yet.

Also the mining quests are redunkulous. I still haven't gotten that first stratum ore for barely-dressed-shop-girl.

Fenn-Tyr
Ragelope

Postby Fenn-Tyr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:46 am

I stopped playing for a month, on 25F. Now I can't figure out how to start post game. Boss fight doesn't appear/already beat? Went to Gladsheim 5, no fights there. Can't go beyond 25F. The gamefaqs map shows stairs down, one square south of the geopole. but I can't find/access them.
Anybody have any advice? I could skip the rest of story mode and start over, but don't want to have to remap. Really frustrating!
Moral of the story... never quit for that long, without making notes.
Yes, I'm the one person who actually liked FF XIII.

Tumalu
Ragelope

Postby Tumalu » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:12 am

Is the Geo Pole still there at the end of stratum 5? If so, you can't get to the stairs yet. Try examining the pole or something? If you already finished all of gladsheim there shouldn't be anything left to do before that.

The stairs are invisible (I have no idea why >_>; I swear I might not have figured out there was any if I didn't already know they were there) and you reach them from the space the Geo Pole was on, not from the other side.

Fenn-Tyr
Ragelope

Postby Fenn-Tyr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:21 am

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:40 am

and im assuming you checked your mission log and talked to the radha to make sure you arent in the middle of something else you are supposed to be doing?

Fenn-Tyr
Ragelope

Postby Fenn-Tyr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:32 am

Well... after finishing 2 pub quests involving voices, I went back to the geopole. Lo and behold, I was able to continue. Now to try classic, on hard.

Thanks, again for the input.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:33 pm

classic on hard...i remember thinking it was easy and then getting destroyed by the bees and slimes at the start of the second stratum

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:49 pm

Ralis
Ragelope

Postby Ralis » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:54 am

My biggest complaint about this game is in story mode. At the end of a stratum, you fight a boss, no? In most cases you barely scrape by. Then, you're practically forced to go to Gladsheim, and fight another boss with little to no time to level up, yet the boss is harder than the one you just barely beat. I'd switch over to Classic mode in a heartbeat if it didn't mean losing all my progress...

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:37 pm

Ralis
Ragelope

Postby Ralis » Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:14 am

I was playing on Expert for a while, but I switched to Normal by the time I fought the first Gladsheim boss. That thing was evil.

704 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”