EO Untold Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

704 posts
Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EO Untold Rantage!

Postby Zypose » Fri May 01, 2015 8:34 pm

I feel like i'm doing better in my current playthrough than my previous ones. doing classic mode, and now i've hit new territory making it down to B10F. My party settup is Protector/ronin/dark hunter with back row being alchemist/medic. i dunno how much farther i'll get before i get EOIII, cause then all my time will be occupied with that.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Sat May 02, 2015 9:12 pm

Can Anyone Help Me out with the second stratum boss? I'm having tons of problems with it. my party setup is, as you probably know, P/R/DH A/M

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sat May 02, 2015 10:24 pm

Okay, never mind, i beat'em. But i have one more thing to say
My jaw dropped when i hit the third stratum.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Sun May 03, 2015 2:05 am

Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sun May 03, 2015 5:07 am

Bone shards just won't drop.
I need to kill the boss, but that darn blinding attack that also lowers your accuracy that made me miss 3 frigid slashes. i would have one if they would have landed.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun May 03, 2015 7:19 pm

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sun May 03, 2015 8:04 pm

Alright. I've made it past it now, it seems like my previous runs with it were just bad luck due to going through the entire battle in one run without getting a single bind off.

Fadedsun
Ragelope

Postby Fadedsun » Tue May 05, 2015 1:07 am

I like Untold save for the grimoire system. I stopped playing it a while ago, but recently I've had the urge to pick up where I left off. I completed the story mode, which left me somewhat disappointed, so I started up Classic on hard mode with the added twist of only using a 3 man party consisting of a Protector, Medic and Survivalist. I had to drop down the difficulty to normal when I couldn't make it past Cotrangl without some serious grinding that I had no interest in.

I wish I had recorded my fight with the Ant Queen though, because I had an epic finish down to my last bit of HP and final character. No more healing/revival items or anything like that; with my Protector coming back to life with an Aegis activation to deal the final blow. That will get your blood pumping.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue May 05, 2015 5:27 pm

Mole-chan I....

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:47 pm

Since I put the game down for so long I no longer remember the story mode. Since I'm in an EO mood I decided to reset and play Classic on Difficult. >:] Have died several times, received two game overs. God I miss this excitement. EO4 just didn't give it to me the way that these simpler games do. I'm like drooling right now.

My team is
L, DH, M
S, A

Thinking about switching out my DH for a Protector because of the difficulty level I'm having, BUT I really want those binds later on.
I didn't realize the L could be chased in this game. I don't think I have the right team make up for it, though, so I might ignore those abilities. I think DH and definitely S would have higher agility than my L

When I'm done, I might go back through and play the story mode on picnic or something. I'm interested in the story but the characters are NOT my play style and it's also not what I like about the EO games. I like the thrill of choosing my own team. Besides the Highlander is the worst sort of class to give to me. I HATED him. I also don't understand why they made him a silent protag in a game that is in classic mode is ALL ABOUT silent protags. Well, whatever. <3 I missed my Landy and Survivalist.

[] - [] - [] - []

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:12 am

oh yeah, EOU had difficulty levels, had totally forgotten about that. :O
"ince I'm in an EO mood I decided to reset and play Classic on Difficult."
^ classic on which difficulty? expert? :P

EO woudnt be EO without some excitement and despair.. ^^;

Mole-chan I....

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:35 pm

Oh hell yes. I might think of playing Story on picnic mode, but Classic is expert all the way!

[] - [] - [] - []

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:05 am

Mole-chan I....

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:52 pm

*bump* XD

There's been some frustrating moments when I thought dropping it down to normal but then I get to town and am about to change it and I think "WHAT AM I DOING?! I'm an Etrian Odyssey MASTER! THIS is nothing for me." Besides I think the Expert is actually the difficulty setting of the first game anyways, right?

I did trade out my Dark Hunter for a Protector, though.

[] - [] - [] - []

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:02 am

If RNG upon getting hit is not obscure, then you don't have the correct difficulty setting.

704 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”