EO Untold Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

704 posts
Gleason
Fenrir

Re: EO Untold Rantage!

Postby Gleason » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:45 am

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:17 am

Fuck healing rollers. Their cure is WAY too strong. Eerie Rondo costs too much to keep using it to blast their elemental def buff, too.

But yeah, I'm on floor B10F. I need to formulate a game plan to get those assholes out of the back row and dead asap. Inferno Formula for 60s isn't cutting it when they come back the second time.

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby heprea » Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:51 pm

Got any head binds? You could try to headbind a roller and then try to burst it down with single target elemental spells. iirc when monsters have their head bound, they take more damage from elemental spells.

Mole-chan I....

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:08 am

I do have head binds! Sadly Gag is only lv 2, though, so it's not as reliable as I'd like. I was just completely unprepared for the resummoning of the heal rollers. I'll try for a rematch this week, I just have to try and make time around work and classes.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:27 am

Don't kill both Rollers, only kill one of them. If you kill both the boss will just resummon them over and over.

Head binding one Roller and killing the other should work fine. I find Sleep or Confuse works a lot better though. You can grab an AoE sleep skill from Petaloids and give it to your Alchemist or Dark Hunter for the best affliction rates.

salv-ice
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby salv-ice » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:24 am

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and new to the Etrian Odyssey series. I'm playing Untold for some hours now and really enjoy it (to the point that I bought EO 4 after playing 4 hours on Untold, just to be sure I can play it ^^).

I have a question about Grimoire Stones... The game is not very clear about how these things work :roll:

If - for example - my Highlander has Spear level 3 and I equip it with a stone that has Spear lvl 1. Will the effect stack up and give my character Spear lvl 4 ?

Or is it only effective for skills the character does not have ?

Have a nice day.

And sorry for my poor english, it is not my main language :P

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:15 am

It'll work, in fact, its ideal to have a copy of the mastery skill on each of your endgame grimoires.

Unlike EO2U though, this however won't work on active skills. So no stacking Cross Charge on grimoires or anything like that.

salv-ice
Ragelope

Postby salv-ice » Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:47 pm

Thank you !

These stones will be useful finally :-)

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:36 am

Trying to beat the floor 12 boss without getting rid of the sacs is an exercise in futility. Getting rid of the sacs first and then fighting them was pretty damn easy. Boosted Shelter Song even let my DH eat the multi/random target attack. :D

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:21 am

I feel like I'm unintentionally telling a story in this topic, I swear @_@

Anyways: lv 10 Shelter Song isn't enough to keep a Bone Lizard from chowing down on my DH in 1 hit (level 51, best armor available (I think) from 4th stratum) without a Shield Smite first. That being said...hooray for Arm Binds on a certain boss and I'm on floor 22 now. Whoo!

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:50 am

Been forever since I last posted on this site, hasn't it? Well, I recently got a Nintendo 2DS and, having beat Project X Zone, was just snooping around on the Nintendo eShop early today for kicks. Cue finding this game on sale for $9.99 on said shop and running down to the nearest store to grab a card so I can buy it.

Decided to start my first game on Classic Expert. I realize that this means I miss out on a few story mode related unlocks, but honestly, I wanted my first experience with this game to be as close to what my first experience with the game was back on the DS.

As for my guild...Darkfire is reborn once again, but I didn't quite go for a Megaman X themed character name squad for once.

Front Row

Alpha (Landsknecht)
Rex (Ronin)

Back Row

Ash (Troubadour)
Oberon (Alchemist)
Shion (Medic)

May as well spoiler the rest of my thoughts (and my journey while exploring B1F).

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:19 am

Current status: Just made it to B4F with my team at lv9 across the board. Spoilers about B2F-B3F forthcoming.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:23 pm

Broke into the 2nd stratum finally. Everyone's at lv11. B5F spoilers forthcoming.

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:00 am

Currently on B8F. Spoilers forthcoming!

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:34 am

Made it to B10F with the team at lv26. Spoilers forthcoming as usual.

704 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”