What I Hope for the Next (?) Etrian Odyssey

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

175 posts
lulzace
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What I Hope for the Next (?) Etrian Odyssey

Postby lulzace » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:45 am

EOU's story mode was kinda cheesy. Just hope this one isn't.

That animation where it looks like the Highlander just flies on top of a monster in the opening gave me a chuckle though.

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Host Gator won't let me reply or quote this post so let's see if I can do this real quickly.

---

I understand that pain, somewhat. At the same time though, some quests are difficult.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:37 pm

overlordpie
Ragelope

Postby overlordpie » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:06 pm

I hope we get more branching paths like E03. That was neat and kind of a shame we didn't get more like it in E04. Also sailing was awesome.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:26 am

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:12 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:39 am

Thanks. I mean, they do have super hella buff, but that is around it. They do know how to make chubby characters, though if they see this and say 'Nah', I'll fear its otaku sensibilities coming in; I feel they only make slender and buff the only options due to a power fantasy, but chubby people can be aesthetically pleasing. Once again, see Tabitha.

Jarelo
Ragelope

Postby Jarelo » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:48 pm

I hope that the next Etrian Odyssey is radically different, like EO3. I'd personally like one with a more science-fiction influence, with the gameplay being the same and locations being fairly similar, but maybe set on a different planet. There are two moons in the EO5 trailer and futuristic-looking towers, so maybe??

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:18 am

I think we discussed this, but I am 100% hoping for SciFi EO. More Imperial and Yggdroid-like classes. Space pirates and lasers everywhere. That's my perfect game.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:16 am

I like more sci-fi Etrian Odyssey as well probably because it makes more sense. From my experience with the series, an Etrian Odyssey set in space was what I was expecting in Etrian Odyssey 4 but would have wished was elaborated more in Untold . While I am starting to hate the Untold series as a whole by the fact they always try to alienate me as a player of the game, I love the elements they bring to the table and seeing is starting to make me NOT want to know more about Untold 2, kind of steering me away from the game as a whole (when playing a game with preset characters; you have the potential to have elements that were a mystery when you don't solved in a way that makes you fall in love with the world they are living in. However; Untold in my opinion doesn't sell the labyrinth but the preset characters. It is hard to buy a game just for that however. I think that is why the Untold department needs to actually do marketing research outside of Japan if they are going to sell an Untold 3 or an Etrian Odyssey III remake. A more unbiased crowd that buys the games for what they were before Untold may improve their revenue and I may actually pick up an Untold game I can say I am satisfied with (because right now EOUII convinced itself why it is dead to me thanks to a couple people who elaborated that it had the same issues as the first Untold game .

Once again, all I ask is that atmosphere is more emphasized since that's why I believe many people pick up the game. If you want to add characters as well that are preset, make them an option like in Etrian Odyssey IV and make them likeable if they are not. That is all I ask because Etrian Odyssey is improving in character diversity that it would be a shame that you discard the character customization instead of what we got with Untold.

Also, in the character customization, I hope it gets more detailed and our portraits start looking like who we imagine our characters to be. And we can also import teams from previous games or at least introduce the experience we got from the previous games. I liked what Etrian Odyssey II did with the first Etrian Odyssey and I hope to see it again here in V.

175 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”