What I Hope for the Next (?) Etrian Odyssey

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

175 posts
WillowWolf
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What I Hope for the Next (?) Etrian Odyssey

Postby WillowWolf » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:45 pm

I'll start with an apology, since I don't know where else to put this. I may be blind, because I didn't see an Etrian Odyssey forum to talk about the game series as a whole, so I thought the most recent addition to the EO family would be as good a place as any, and if it's not, let me know for future reference :). Thank you and sorry.

Onto my wish; I hope that in the next or the subsequent game is classes from all games. Maybe unlock them in a New Game+. I absolutely love the classes from the first through 3rd EOs. It's awesome that Untold will have the classes from games 1 and 2 (mostly), since it's a remake/remastering of the first game. I find that my favorite classes were in EO III though. I wasn't as huge of a fan of the classes in Legends of the Titan. Not that they were bad, per say, just that I didn't attach to them like I did the second and third games in the series. I never acquired or played the first. I'd like to pick and choose characters from all of the games for my party. I'd so dig that :D.

What does everyone else hope for in the next game(s)?

Skorch
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What I Hope for the Next (?) Etrian Odyssey

Postby Skorch » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:45 pm

1, 2 and 4 used a lot of the same classes, 3 was the odd one out. I enjoyed 3, but the subclassing was a bit boring.

But anyways, I would like an actual hard mode. Expert should have been the normal difficulty.

And if they are going to add an over world, I would rather it be like 3's with the ship sailing, instead of 4's.

Skorch
Ragelope

Postby Skorch » Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:59 pm

I agree, I'd rather not have an overworld. But if they do, I'd rather it be like 3, it was optional, but I enjoyed it. 4's overworld was just kind of boring.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:05 pm

I loved the overworld, one of my favorite things about EO4. EO3's sailing had more flavor text though, but was more a gimmicky way to access a lot of the optional bosses.

I'd actually really love it if they they evolved the overworld to be a lot more like Wizardry 7 or World of Xeen. That would be perfect!

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 pm

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:51 am

... <_< I wish it would go back to just being simplistic with the old-game nostalgia. EO1 is still my favorite in the series.

[] - [] - [] - []

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:57 am

I just hope it doesn't keep going in the direction it did with EOU, I didn't enjoy the demo much at all.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Liferake
Hunter

Postby Liferake » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:24 am

I really like what most of the EOs have for them.

I don't really get the gripe against getting attacks for free as you level up the mastery. It lets you try things you may have not have otherwise. You are still limited by skill points so really its giving you some broad strokes and you can still choose where you want to specialize.

Skill points are still going to be a big deal on where you put them, as level 1 attacks are in general weak, and The HP up etc. skill trees don't give any skills for free.

I liked the overworlds, I hope they continue to use them in the future.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:59 am

I want an EOU based on EOII, but I guess that's not EO5. For an EOIV I'd love a celestial theme, moreso than EOII. Think more DQIX. I guess that's enroaching on SMT territory though... A fully post-apocalypse EO would also be interesting.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

lulzace
Fenrir

Postby lulzace » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:31 am

EOV Rise of the Zombie-ma-jiggers?

Skorch
Ragelope

Postby Skorch » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:36 am

But I thought

*edited by mod*

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:10 am

I think Zamisk is talking about something more like Fist of the North Star...

Fist of the north Labyrinth?

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

WillowWolf
Bloodant

Postby WillowWolf » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:28 am

Ninten
Manticor

Postby Ninten » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:41 am

I wouldn't mind traps like the ones in Indana Jones. Stepping on specific panels on the floors would trigger a trap mechanism, let it be a bunch of poison/damage panels or the ground disappearing below you.

Or it could be set in 2015 with hoverboards!

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:53 am

175 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”