What I Hope for the Next (?) Etrian Odyssey

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

175 posts
noodles
ItL Moderator

Re: What I Hope for the Next (?) Etrian Odyssey

Postby noodles » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:39 am

immunize wasnt bugged, it just...did a little more than advertised

Tumalu
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tumalu » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:30 am

I was under the impression that EO1 Immunize was also supposed to -only- affect elemental damage, like it does in EOU. The reduction numbers it has support that, IMO >>

So, that'd be a bug.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 am

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:05 pm

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:36 pm

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:10 pm

Maybe we did? I don't feel like checking.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Tumalu
Ragelope

Postby Tumalu » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:44 pm

If you have a well-formed party, EOU Expert really is not that bad. You can even do it without a protector just fine, as my party just hit the 5th stratum recently- and my party definitely is nowhere near speedkilling these fights either.

I can only see Fenrir being a wall if your party really has no sense of damage at all at that point (causing you to need too many bombs, but seems unlikely) or you don't use the bombs in the first place. Especially if you're using the story party, where you should have the likes of Bloody Offense (or Spear Assist at least), Fire Formula+Analysis, and Fire Shot, with a protector and medic to keep the party going. (Lv1 fire shot is more than sufficient for Frederica, I'm not assuming these attacks are leveled)

As long as you're using the bombs, Fenrir is pretty nonthreatening even on Expert? I can't remember any of his attacks actually killing someone even in my protectorless run, and I hardly had defensive buffs at that point either and a meh-durability DH in front.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:22 pm

YEAH That tends to explain a lot.

I tend to do be the super damage type, so EO3 was somewhat easier for me as long as I have someone to heal me most of the time.

There is also the same with EO4.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Tumalu
Ragelope

Postby Tumalu » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:03 am

But comparing the difficulty ratings to previous games in the series is the exact opposite of that, isn't it...?

Not counting the part where your party selection alone can make the game really easy or decently challenging.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:34 am

isn't "beginner" difficulty usually synonymous with easy, or in this case picnic?

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:52 am

igniz13
Ragelope

Postby igniz13 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:13 pm

Each game is essentially as hard as you make it, i'd rather have a balanced game that lets you run flexable parties and still have a challenge than worry so much about game difficulty.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:16 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:34 pm

Oh. Them.

Yeah, that is a bit depressing, especially when I decided in EOU and EO2 not to use a Medic for my [main] party (especially because I knew that Troubadours can do the defense and healing instead in EOU at least. I kind of frowned upon how EO2 didn't let them heal though.)

Also, for if they ever do an EO3 Untold...

Please don't make multiple endings. Stick with True Route only. Don't get me wrong, having multiple endings was truly riveting and innovative on their part but seeing the writer's of EOU's story mode, they might mess it up and make it so linear the other endings wouldn't make any sense because of how the preset characters feel about them. I guess it would make sense if they acquired the writers of Persona but then again, I don't like Persona and playing EO4 made me realize that EO3 Untold would be a lot better if Sey was treated like the Medium in True Route. Gutrune could be like Baldur corrupted by

Yeah. I guess I am exaggerating on ideas, but once again, I hope they make EO3 Untold before EO2 Untold because honestly I want to remake my party again first so I can actually migrate it somewhere!! Then if EO3 Untold and EO2 Untold sell, we can transfer our data from the three Untolds and EO4 into EO5 and we can use EO2 Untold as the one migrator into EO5.

Though that might sound ridiculous, so you can tell me no on that. Especially since the transfer system from. EO to EO2 is mainly on events that transpired and tells you whether or not you experienced the Labyrinth or not. They never really transfer your team. It would make sense considering but if the Untold said anything clear, you can change the classes of non-EO1/2 parties and make them all start at level 1 there. You get extra points based on how far you came to level them (for example, if they were lvl. 99 before you changed their class, they just get 10 extra points rather than just the three they get if they were new characters.)

I dunno. This is merely mechanics for just the main part.

You build your team based on what they are now. EO1/2 team is the main one, but your EO3/4 teams can circulate with them as well. You may have already gotten 30 people in your Guild but it wouldn't matter much as long as long as you know how big your Guild would be for EO5.

175 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”