What I Hope for the Next (?) Etrian Odyssey

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

175 posts
igniz13
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What I Hope for the Next (?) Etrian Odyssey

Postby igniz13 » Sat May 10, 2014 4:17 pm

I can't even vaguely understand your talk on Migration. I feel they made EOU because EO1 kinda needed the update to make the experience more like the other games which are all perfectly fine. If they did EOU2-3 on 3DS, it would be kinda superfluous as they can'd do much to improve those games in the same way EOU improved EO, i.e. Improved the way skills are handled and added something similar to subclassing and better rounded classes.

For the next EO game. Having played more of EOU now, I'm divided between wanting grimoires or subclasses.

I feel grimoires are a better solution than full subclassing, but at the same time, I feel grimoire powers can superceed what you normally have on your class. If they could tune down Grimoires somehow, but also give you more control over types and how they're obtained, it'd be golden.

After EO1,2 and 4. I'd really like to see a diverse range of classes in EO5 as well.

lulzace
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby lulzace » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:00 pm

Grimiores just have a little too much RNG associated with them.

They could keep the whole skill level/quality thing but having a refinement thing would be better. Combining skills from two grimoires.

Got two 6 point Spear masteries? Combine them for a lv9

Base Grimoire +(secondary/2) = new level. The base grimoire wouldn't change otherwise so you could focus on getting everything you want on a grimoire and fusing extras to clear up space.

Enemies mostly have 1 or 2 so have somone you can go to and let you pick which you want? Or they could stay random but at least for bosses have somebody be like " I can give you whatever skill at max level but you lose out on any other skills on that grimoire.

Really anything to streamline the process. Only reason I really like it is b/c I like customization.

Ahh I'd love to have the ability to go all in making an op sniper with the grimoire. Still need to finish that solo run for EO4.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:26 pm

That's why I only like to grind Grimoires with higher level characters and the infinite item bug.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:53 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:34 am

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:36 am

Anyway, it looks like it has been confirmed that EO2 is getting a remake. How would they rebuild the War Magus and why?

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:47 am

Just give them Revive and I'm happy. :)

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:45 pm

It'd be nice to see a genuine remake of 2, with updated graphics (including the portraits), fixed plotholes in the storytelling (as there were a few small ones), improved class balancing and additional worldbuilding, instead of the, imo, half-hearted thing they did in U.
There was a bunch of stuff I missed in U from four, and a lot of stuff I could have gone without.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:38 pm

What plotholes are you talking about? None come to mind for me. But yeah, it sure could use some balancing, and they should remove the mega-lag when you walk around during certain quests.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:10 pm

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:15 am

Not that I remember, but it's been a while for me too.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:13 am

I hope with the EO2 remake, I can understand its story more; It was hard for me to get through the second stratum so I haven't understood the significance of without looking up a Let's Play for it.

I hope they don't do another premade cast story. That was incredibly stupid, especially considering I wanted to throw Frederika off a cliff. She was the opposite of cute for me. Then again, my tastes are completely different than everyone else's. I am sorry. I can't support a team I haven't fully invested myself in. And my EO1 guys seemed incomplete without their EO2 friend the War Magus.

What I love to see is playable Forest Folk.

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:35 pm

Even without a Story Mode, I'd really like to hear some more voice acting from NPCs. Truth to be told, I think the English ones were more fitting than expected (fact: I felt really guilty every time I heard "Next time you should be something" from Shilleka).

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:23 pm

Oh, I hope they drop the idea of a storymode as well, especially if they were considering bringing the cast from Untold back, making them Big Damn Heroes/choosen ones etc. The story mode was superfluous, and could have easily (and probs with far far less plotholes) been implemented into the regular game.
So, no, no repeat of that please.

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:41 pm

I doubt that ATLUS would bring back the old cast (as protagonists!) anyway. Assuming you start the game at level 1 like every time, one would need some pretty far-fetched explanation for the saviors of Etria to be struggling with rats and moles when they set foot into High Lagaard's labyrinth.

175 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”