What I Hope for the Next (?) Etrian Odyssey

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

175 posts
MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What I Hope for the Next (?) Etrian Odyssey

Postby MeltingPenguins » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:15 pm

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:56 am

If they do add in a Story Mode... Please don't add any more little girl characters?! There are too many in Etrian Odyssey as it is. I was hoping by now they'd get creative since their art has improved.

I would really hope that they give up on trying to put more (mediocre characters) into an already solid (but crumbly) story. I just hope if Etrian Odyssey 3's remake got the same treatment as EOU, I would be pissed royally (No pun intended.) I mean, EO4 had a better story than EO3, but EO3 was the first game I got a completed experience with and shouldn't have to deal with a Frederica clone when you can have a bigger threat lie in actually competent explorers with more background than just an amnesiac from the past and a guy with a strange sense of justice (not really justice if you are killing innocent lives: Hint: ) at least in EO3, they explained to us

Sorry for the hidden rant, but yeah. If EO3's messes what I said up there to appeal to Kujura fangirls and Shuccaneers, I would be mad. It's a rant for another time but yeah.

As for EO2, is a good guy like Wufan and Kibagami?

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:15 pm

My personal vote, again, would be they stop it with the story modes with the superspecialawesome characters, and instead expand the stories they have, fix a few plotholes if there are any and, probs animate the speeches the NPCs give. I mean, IMO it'd be something neat to watch a cutscene of , for example, instead of cutscenes of some new ultraspeccial new characters that is oh-so-awesome and the only one who can ever save the world blahblah

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:30 pm

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:39 pm

On a further note: if i understood thing correctly, the grimoire stones return. and dear lord, do i hope two things:
1) it's the last time we'll see them
2) they are not as ridiculous as in U.
Because, want to hear a joke, folks? I'm currently replaying the storymode, to find all the odds in it, and I did a little experiment: I'm on floor 18 now. I am trying to get the alternative to sapping and frailty curse from the mystics and druids. I made the rule that i won't proceed further into the labyrinth until i got them on a decent level (meaning 7-10)
When i started the experiment I was level 42. I am now level 62, and the highest thing i have gotten was a level 4 forest barrier.
Yeah, I think they need to fiddle with the mechanics there.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:36 am

I honestly preferred subclassing as they were helpful for me to get further into the labyrinth. I've been able to get a lot of post game in both. In EOU, I'm not even close to done.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:47 am

(EO sprite templates )

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:17 pm

lulzace
Fenrir

Postby lulzace » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:13 pm

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:15 pm

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:13 am

Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:58 am

That was sarcasm :)
But still

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:27 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:49 am

it might be cool to do the co-op sea missions via wifi o.o

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:58 am

175 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”