Art?

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Wendigo
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Art?

Postby Wendigo » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:23 am

So, I was wondering...for Classic mode, has the art for the classes been revamped? I havne't seen any art from the new game floating around, but if they did make it, I'd love to see it!

Tumalu
Ragelope

Re: Art?

Postby Tumalu » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:16 pm

From what I can tell by googling, and from videos, it's the exact same. I haven't -played- the DS version, but it might be a little more high-res on the 3ds?

You can see a lot of the portrait in battle now instead of a little blip on the side of the menu, which makes it slightly more relevant which you pick (since you see a lot more of it on a regular basis) but yeah the art is pretty much the exact same. There's no alternate color palettes added like there's was in EO3/4 either.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:51 pm

in classic mode, the character portraits are the exact same as the first game (though obviously at a higher resolution) with no alt colors or anything. however, etria NPCs do have blinking animations now

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:54 pm

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Wendigo
Ragelope

Postby Wendigo » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:53 am

Oh, whaaat :c That's really dumb. I don't know, I feel like if they're gonna reboot it might as well reboot the portraits.
I mean I like the EO1 portraits (the art was what first drew me to the game) but, man. Especially after how slick EOIV looked!
Ah well, thanks for answering!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:54 am

o_o ... *would never want the portraits to change* ....

[] - [] - [] - []

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:53 pm

not sure I agree given the recent FF6 remake

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:25 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:44 pm

Later EOs also improved a lot of mechanics/controls. Auto-battles and strafing are just two. So EOU Classic mode is still an improvement over EO1 even without the added details.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:48 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:20 pm

Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:06 pm

I am content enough with the game. A few minor complaints here and there, but nothing that's ruined the experience for me. ^_^ I love it dearly. Of course I'm only on Floor 9, so I have not gotten down far enough quiet yet.

[] - [] - [] - []

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:25 pm

I wouldn't want all new portraits, but they could've added recolors. I was originally planning on creating all new characters, but I don't want to have two different characters with the same portrait. Which means I have to reuse one of my old hexers (who were side characters in EO1/2, but I want one in my main team this time). There's no way I'm going to use the one portrait I hate. Recolors would give me a few more options without taking away from the nostalgia experience.

Taking the roleplaying/imagionation part seriously really sucks sometimes. xD

| |

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:01 am

I loved EO3 more when they did alternate colors. Made me enjoy the diversity in the game. Thought class changes were stupid, but that was because I was very bias and thought they would just stick with subclassing. Though looking back on it, I could have just had Change Class to my Wilding and made her a Hoplite/Wildling that used Call Lion, and Debuff Spells instead. I think that would have helped my party lots at the time. Would do the same for my female Dancer (who subclassed as a Medic) except her healing helped me a lot. Troubadours and Dancers work better than Medics in my honest opinion because they are more versatile.

Wonder if even with subclassing, Grimoire Stones would apply as well in EO3 and EO4. They hinted it could in EO4 with certain weapons. It would be amazing as well!! Just think... Getting a Grimoire Chance on Deep Ones or Hollows!

14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”