KitsuKitsu's mini guide to Grimoires

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
11 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
KitsuKitsu
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

KitsuKitsu's mini guide to Grimoires

Postby KitsuKitsu » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:49 am

PLA
Manticor

Re: KitsuKitsu's mini guide to Grimoires

Postby PLA » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:09 pm

I'd read it if I hadn't already read it at GameFAQs. Was informative and easy to navigate.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:55 pm

This will be nice to have...

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:55 pm

O_O that duplication glitch.

No turning back now

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:04 am

In short:
It's a broken, broken mechanic that just achieves a lot of frustration and stretching the game out to the original's length.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:36 am

Judging by the trailer you can at least see straight away what you got in them after battle. Which is good.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:28 am

Just a note on EOU Grimoires : the duplication glitch has been corrected in the European version...
That would explain the 6 months delay between US and EU releases with absolutely no translation in any european language (not that I am against English, I play all my games in English anyway, but it really took too long to came out in Europe for the differences between US and EU versions).
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:29 am

They actually put extra work into the European version? Wow, that's a surprise.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:51 am

In the one case where it makes something that's already bad to begin with even worse. Go figure.

| |

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:21 pm

thumbs up.
this kinda makes me wonder just how unloved the EO series is by Atlus?
I mean, the 3DS has the possibility of patching games... they could have fixed the glitches and the horrendous algorithm long long ago.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:09 pm

I don't think EO is "unloved" by Atlus, or else they would have stopped doing games long ago. I think they didn't bother themselves with these glitches, since they don't break the game and make some things easier.

They removed them when moving to Europe, because it's not Atlus who published the game in Europe (they don't have any european branch, all their games are published by other companies like Square Enix for Persona games for example, and in EO's case it's Nippon Ichi Software). So maybe it's the publisher that asked for the glitch's correction.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

11 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”