Clarification on Saves

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Apolloncrash
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Clarification on Saves

Postby Apolloncrash » Fri May 23, 2014 2:04 pm

I won't be getting this for a while, but what I've read about it has me a little concerned. So the game has both Classic and Story modes, but they don't have a separate save file for each? This seems to be the case from what I've read, and if it is, that could be a major problem for me. I would need a 100% file on both modes, and the only way I could think to do that would be to buy two copies.

Would that even work? Does everything save on the cart, or does some stuff save on the SD card and, if the latter, would the 3DS let me have 2 independent versions of that data (one for each copy of the game)?
Don't Die.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Re: Clarification on Saves

Postby sponge7325 » Fri May 23, 2014 3:47 pm

I'm pretty sure there's no real way to make it so that you have two saves. I thought that it'd be a big deal too, but honestly its not too horrible. Just beat Story Mode first, then after doing a bit of the sixth stratum for a tiny bit more dialogue (It's not even that big a deal, just everyone saying "This place is spooooky") or something just start Classic Mode. You get to keep everything from Story Mode except, y'know, your progress (You can even keep your Story Mode characters, which is nice).

Also, your guild card carries over too, so all the badges and stuff stay with you, so you can do maybe like 75% of everything with Story Mode then just finish up with Classic...

Though if you have your heart set on having two different copies, sorry but, as far as I know there's no way to do that.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat May 24, 2014 10:27 am

Couldn't you copy the save data off the SD card with the download version?
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Sun May 25, 2014 7:37 am

technically, you can't get 100% without doing NG+ into a different mode, since you can't fill out your guild card without going through story mode.

Apolloncrash
Killclaw

Postby Apolloncrash » Wed May 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Thanks for the replies everyone. Given what noodles said, I guess I have no other alternative than to do that.

If everything carries over wouldn't it basically trivialize Classic Mode though? This is now my main concern, as Classic Mode is what I'm most interested in.
Don't Die.

Yggdrago
Wyvern

Postby Yggdrago » Wed May 28, 2014 8:13 pm

Want to carry over money, items, grimoires, characters, etc? You can!

Wanna carry over only the money and characters? You can!

Wanna carry over the monster and item list only? You can!

Wanna carry over absolutely nothing from story mode, not even your map data? You sure can!

New Game + lets you choose what you want to carry to the new game. Characters, money, items, grimoire stones, shop inventory, map data, monster and item list, you can check the stuff to keep it, or uncheck it to delete it. If you want, you can beat story mode and go into a New Game + with absolutely nothing! Yup.
This post was brought to you by me. It's Yggdra-good!

6 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”