Gonna need some help *his thread contains spoilers*

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Gonna need some help *his thread contains spoilers*

Postby heprea » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:13 am

Hey there~
Pretty much ever since I made the "never running away" post in the rant thread I've been having quite a bit of problems with just slaying normal monsters(mmmh most delicious irony <3).

To be more precise everything started to fall apart once I reached 27th floor, while I did still manage to succesfully map the floor and continue my way to 28th floor it still was pretty damn hard on me and my team. I'm playing the story mode and I dont really feel like changing their roles(To be honest I did not know that to be even possible for the longest of my gaming time lol). As it is the story mode I really want to play with characters as they are.

I suppose I should also mention that I'm playing expert mode.

Anyways here is my current team and their skills & gear:

Highlander RIKARDO:

Protector Raquna:

Alchemist Arthur:

Gunner Ricky:

This is pretty much the setup I have used from the very start, with this setup I have managed to defeat bosses such as:
Alraune / Manticore / golem / Wyvern

I have not yet finished the quests for the dragons yet but I've been thinking if I can even challenge them, seeing how I'm getting my ass kicked over by normal monsters.

I wonder if I've been trying to be too defensive with my items/skills.. I have tried some really quick experiments with Highlander skills but I'm having trouble finding out other combos to use. :\

If there is more info you need on what I have aviable in shops and so on feel free to ask me.

For now Im focusing on Highlander and Raquna as I feel that I need to figure them out them first. Stuff like "prayer" probably isnt all that important anymore.. :\

So yeah, If you see something "wrong" feel free to give out your opinion. ^^;

Mole-chan I....

sebberu
Fenrir

Re: Gonna need some help *his thread contains spoilers*

Postby sebberu » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:09 pm

Try the dragons anyway (starting with Dragon/Storm Emperor), defeating each one will raise your level cap by 10, which helps a lot on the last five floors. Maxing out Raquna's elemental walls is recommended, and will help you not only with the big lizards, but also with the last post-game boss.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:09 pm

Mole-chan I....

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:02 pm

It is exactly as you say. Anyway, I like using them maxed out since they can really save your party at times. But that is also mainly coming from a non-medic Classic Mode perspective.
As for the dragons - fight them, find out their attack patterns (or look them up somewhere) and you'll be fine. It won't cost you your savegame. :p

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:28 am

Mole-chan I....

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:31 am

Congrats!
But be careful with your TP management at Blizzard King. That fight can be really lengthy and requires a bit more strategy. ;)

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:32 am

Mole-chan I....

noodles
ItL Moderator

Postby noodles » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:53 am

I've actually never beaten blizzard king...

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:17 am

Mole-chan I....

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:08 pm

By the way, Sleep Guards work very well with this fella. Have at least Raquna equip one.
And yes, the counter attack is really nasty. Some of my early tries also failed because of it!

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:42 pm

Mole-chan I....

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:18 pm

Congrats again! 21 turns isn't that much imo, so it sounds you did well.
And yes - as far as I remember, you have to reach B30F in order to get the quest for defeating the red one. Defeating Wyvern via quest is another prerequisite.

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:14 pm

Mole-chan I....

13 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”