How should I spend Skill Points!? (Critique my party build!)

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Hobgoblin
Ragelope

How should I spend Skill Points!? (Critique my party build!)

Postby Hobgoblin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:08 pm

I need help with fixing up my EOU party and would appreciate it if someone could give me some potential builds.

Additionally, I don't fully understand how to get abilities on Grimoire Stones, so help in that regard would also be appreciated.

Posted to avoid walls of text in the thread.

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: How should I spend Skill Points!? (Critique my party bui

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:39 pm

I cant say im exactly a master at EOU (or EO1) builds but i immediately see in issues with the formation/skills in said formation

ricky is just better in the back. raquna is better in the front. Arthur OR simon can serve as a 3rd front row combatant (though arthur NEEDS help... particularly with grimoire stones, i personally only could keep him alive using pain formula/firelight/light formula/light tincture and survivalist skills) and simon can do reasonable damage with Caduceus in the front row. choose whoever. or have both in the back

i personally wasnt a fan of highlander and eventually changed classes but i found that Delayed Charge -> Limitless (or Charge if you have a grimoire with it) -> Cross Charge is just insane damage. Spear assist does respectable damage too if youre following arthur or ricky (with the weakness, of course. spear assist has a good multiplier)

Raquna has a bunch of different ways you could spread her... phyical tank, group mitigation, meatshield... though its important to note the Defender + Immunize combo trivializes most, if not all encounters, if youre looking for something like that

as for Ricky... Action Boost, Recharge, Ricochet. period. thats her damage output. worthwhile to have at least 5 in the elemental shots and at least 1 in charge element shots for weaknesses and spear assist

Arthur i had as an alchemist tank... it was weird. i cant recommend it... just use formulas for weaknesses and spear assist. youll want points in the second teir formulas too as they do higher damage and have the additional range options. and at your level, TP souldnt be a concern. maybe even have him go light/pain formula for front row for survival? your call

Simon's the healer. have salve at a reasonable level, at least 1 point in revive. Immunize is a given as well. Focus is great to have. Caduceus does reasonable damage from the front row and CAN stun (albeit RARELY for me at least). i havent even bothered trying to use clear strike as an alternative though...it may or may not be better for damage for a battle medic

Highlander/ Protector
Gunner/ Alchemist and Medic
or
Highlander/ Protector/ Alchemist OR Medic
Gunner/ Alchemist or Medic

should both be fine

Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Postby Hobgoblin » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:28 pm

Thank you for the insight!

I'm curious if anyone has any other suggestions, so I'll wait a bit before incorporating your suggestions.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:24 am

well i only gave general tips rather than any specific builds. ive always found testing out different stuff more fun than doing the min/max end all be all... so more of a food for thought... in terms of EO4...and things to experiement with, some LOOSE comparisons

Highlander= bushi under rage (saps his own heath, hits hard enough, decent party synergy)
protector= fortress (gets in the way of attacks. party/row wide damage reduction)
medic=medic (healer, has support options and front row damage options)
alchemist= runemaster (element everything to death. and when its dead, kill it more. with elements.)
gunner= sniper (high damage from back row/ limited support)

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:50 pm

It's a shame that Ricky's binds have a ridiculously low chance of success compared to other classes (I'm a big fan of binds). Best thing for the story mode team is indeed to go for raw damage output while Raquna and Simon are preventing the worst.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:12 pm

my final team had 2 perfect chasers (ronin + grimoire stones) with ricky with action boost and double strike. an alchemist tank (Chain Dance grimoire stone using light formula)

it was.... rediculous. SOOOOOO rediculous.

Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Postby Hobgoblin » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:50 pm

So Ricky's binds aren't worth dumping skill points into?

Geez, after coming from EO4 with a status team, this is a major turnaround.

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:26 am

If you have too many points and need some bound enemies for conditional drops, give her some +LUC equipment. Otherwise, you'll probably be wasting many turns for unsuccessful binds while you could have her dishing out good damage.
But that's just my personal experience.

Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Postby Hobgoblin » Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:18 pm

In hindsight, I do feel like I recall a lot of frustration trying to get her to land binds when I first played this game.

Guess I'll overlook them, then.

9 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”