Item use failure?

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
halifix
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Item use failure?

Postby halifix » Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:54 am

So I went about playing this game again. When I fought the first stratum boss, I used a formaldehyde on the final turn. However, the game displayed "Not enough formaldehyde," yet still used the item so it was no longer in my inventory, so I didn't get the rare drop... has anyone else seen this happen?

Snowdome
Killclaw

Re: Item use failure?

Postby Snowdome » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:49 pm

Perhaps the character who used formaldehyde was a gunner and who had used Action Boost in the turn before?
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

halifix
Fenrir

Postby halifix » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:36 pm

No, it wasn't using Action Boost. I didn't even have that skill yet, and it was my medic or alch that was using it.

I also saw something else that was interesting... one day when I used one of my guildmaster's "bad" prepares, I got as a negative "exploratory skills can't be used"... and then there was no positive effect? It didn't show up in the menu, and the regen effect didn't happen during battle...

Snowdome
Killclaw

Postby Snowdome » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:26 am

How about boost? Do you recall using it (by anyone, or even cancelled) at all during that turn? How many member attempted to use formaldehyde, and how many were there in your bag?

As for the other, I can reproduce the same result, with the effect shown with other Bad debuff other than "Exploration skills will fail". After some tinkering, I actually think this works as intended, as I don't recall any "exploration" skill type, and field skills such as Sight Formula, Safe Passage and Return still work.
Untold classic mode not yet completed. Untold 2 story mode still in 5th stratum. And now EO5 is coming...

Switch FC: SW-1343-6564-9223
Iris @ Pokemon X [Bug #314 #46 #49]
3DS FC: 0688-5760-3487 (There is a FC thread in case anyone didn't notice)

Check for Guild Card Generator <Compatible with EO4, EOU, EOU2 & EDM; Last updated November 8, 2015>
Click for a complete list of EO4 QR codes (quest sorted by suggested level!) and more
<Last updated March 10, 2014>
*For the best QR experience, view the folders in list mode.

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”