question on special weapons

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
iloverushandledzepp
Ragelope

question on special weapons

Postby iloverushandledzepp » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:37 am

hi I'm new here and i have a question:

are there really any point to special weapons? (Ie. dismemberer. [or however you spell it})

the base attack is so low and seems pointless... :( and it seems other characters in the game can use similar skills that the weapon has.

any help/insight?
"Go down there?! I'd rather burn in hell than enter that dark place! What? How much gold did you say? Well, since you put it that way..." -Anonymous (quote from Mordor 1.1: Depths of Dejenol)

iloverushandledzepp
Ragelope

Re: question on special weapons

Postby iloverushandledzepp » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:52 am

yeah i noticed that. and it is leg binding. :) however how is it of use in the storyline if i can get Frederica to use leg shot is it necessary to have characters with the same skills? (or same skills from items?)
"Go down there?! I'd rather burn in hell than enter that dark place! What? How much gold did you say? Well, since you put it that way..." -Anonymous (quote from Mordor 1.1: Depths of Dejenol)

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:07 am

haha I think theyre mainly for groups that might not have access to them;

Im pretty sure story mode and classic mode have the same chests, theyre not randomized. not everyone will use a Dark Hunter or have frederica in their group (i.e starting with classic mode or not using fredrica in NG+ for example).

they have another use in that you might be going for a conditional and want more than 1 character to havea chance to get that condition off.

or they could be useful for a character that mihgt not have huge damage anyway and 1 damage with an effect is better than 1 damage. some effects might also not be readily accessable for characters and the loss in damage wouldnt matter too much (something like petrify or death)

i personally dont use them, but they... CAN be useful i suppose

iloverushandledzepp
Ragelope

Postby iloverushandledzepp » Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:18 am

Fluffernuff - thank you for the useful info :D i probably wont use them though. but, i will keep em just in case ;)

Garrett1502 - thankyou for the useful info too :)

4 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”