class types

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the first game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
iloverushandledzepp
Ragelope

class types

Postby iloverushandledzepp » Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:31 pm

can someone explain to me about each class type?
"Go down there?! I'd rather burn in hell than enter that dark place! What? How much gold did you say? Well, since you put it that way..." -Anonymous (quote from Mordor 1.1: Depths of Dejenol)

GhostsandDragons
Fenrir

Re: class types

Postby GhostsandDragons » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:48 am

I wouldn't call myself an EOU expert (given I haven't even beaten the game yet) But I can give a pretty basic overview:Hope that helps.
The odds of finding me online are only slightly higher then finding a shiny pokemon

iloverushandledzepp
Ragelope

Postby iloverushandledzepp » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:05 am

many thanks G&D! :D
"Go down there?! I'd rather burn in hell than enter that dark place! What? How much gold did you say? Well, since you put it that way..." -Anonymous (quote from Mordor 1.1: Depths of Dejenol)

Myssdii
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Myssdii » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:00 am

More details on classes good skills :

Landsknecht : you can go on axe skills or sword skills. Axe skills are slower, but are very good on a single target, while sword skills deal multi-target damages. You can't have them both a a time, so don't bother upping two weapons, and just focus on one (the one that goes better in your team, even if I prefer Axe skills in this game).
Other way, they got Triple Charge which is good if you don't get the Charge Grimoire, and you can try their chasing skills but you need to build a team for it (but I don't recommend them in this game, chasing teams are better in EO4 and EO3).

Protector : don't bother with Defender even if it looks cool, and go for Provoke and Parry in early, and Anti-element shield skills (at least 5 points in each). In higher levels, when you start to get good stuff, get Bravery Gift.
Shield Smite and Shield Rush are good damaging skills and do some nice debuffs on enemies, so they're good.
You can hold swords or spears, choose it depending on your other teams members weapons (sword if you don't have Cut-damaging weapons, Spears if you don't have Thrust-damaging weapons). If you get the ultimate sword, your Protector will love it (you will need to kill 3 big dragons to get it).

Medic : standard healers, you don't need to up their healing skills to maximum in early cause upgrading your TEC and Healing Mastery will boost them anyway. Cure is standard, get it to level 4 or 5, then focus on status/bind healing, get one point in Revive, and grab Delayed Heal against bosses.
When you get good armor and a pretty solid team, you can put your Medic in the Front Line, and get Clear Strike or Caduceus to do nice damages. Its paralysis/poisoning skills can be useful, bot not mandatory, and you don't have much skill points to spare.

Alchemist : extremely good elemental damage dealers. You can't go wrong with them, and they have a lot of skill points to spare in field-effect skills. Get Dilution and Analysis, then just up their elemental attacks.

Survivalist : they were gods in the original game, Untold nerfed them to the good-bot-not-so-good support/damage class. They are good gatherers and have nice support skills, but that's pretty much it. Make a team of 5 of them to gather items in the labyrinth, but they're not useful in a team, unless you're in need of their support skills.

Troubadour : buffers, and that's it. But they are extremely good at their job. They have an exp-boosting skill, which is god, and nice healing buffs. Taboo Rondo is a must-have to keep your buffs in play without using them every 4 turns, and they can remove enemy buffs. They can fit in any team and perform differently depending on your needs.

Dark Hunters : like Landsknecht, you can go in two directions : Swords and Whips. Swords deal status, and Whips deal binds. If you have a Hexer, go with Whips, and if you don't, go with Swords. Paralysis and Confusion are its best status, Sleep is not good since you're fast and another team-mate will surely wake up the enemy right away. With swords they can restore their HP which is good with the Troubadour's Echoing Rondo. Ecstasy is its best skill, but you need to focus on binds, so the help of an Hexer is a nice-to-have.
Bait is a good skill anyway if you have a three member front-line and you've put the Dark Hunter in the middle.

Hexer : they're status-inducers and debuffers. Their role is too nerf the enemy hard. Debuffs skills are good (defense and attack debuffs), and their fear skills are awesome, so get them anyway. Revenge is meh in this game since it's hard to keep your Hexer at 1 HP and it does less damage than is EO2.

Ronins : they are a two-turns damaging class. They deal godly damages but need to be under a stance buff to use their skills. If you use one, get a Troubadour and Taboo Rondo to keep their stance up. Elemental skills are the best, they got also a multi-hit/one-target skill which is good against bosses and FOEs. They are pretty frail on the other hand, so you need to protect them.
You need to finish Story mode to get their best weapon, it only drops on Story mode final boss.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:30 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:12 pm

i'd like to bring up that fredrica (our gunner) is a FANTASTIC chase initiator.
4-6 normal attacks every 2 turns is fantastic.
plus her weaker-than-alchemist element skills link with the highlander's spear assist and landy's chases

iloverushandledzepp
Ragelope

Postby iloverushandledzepp » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:41 pm

thanks for the info people :)

7 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl”