EOUII Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

656 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: EOUII Rantage!

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:20 am

Last edited by Wolkenritter on Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:37 pm

5th time into the Labyrinth; *party is gasping for air*
Protector:"BRING THE THREADS NEXT TIME!"
Medic: *dead*
Alchemist:"I'm sorry! Sheesh!"

54th time into the Labyrinth;
Alchemist;"Well that's a giant dead flying manta ray down."
Medic: *holding a giant hammer* "Mmh!"
Protector:"Where next?"

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 am

Downed the Storm Emperor. He's usually the easiest of the big 3, and this game doesn't seem to be an exception. My team is at maximum cheese level though now, and he died very quickly. Should've has my Protector use a Formaldehyde on the burst turn though... ah well.

The after battle text is still the same from the original game. I like how it mocked for not having a Gunner this time around T_T

Endra
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Endra » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:03 pm

| |

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:10 am

Endra
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Endra » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:11 pm

| |

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:14 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:16 pm

Good luck! Should be a pretty decent team tbh.

I should probably get around to finishing my last play. Great Dragon is a huge pain for my team atm. He has way too much HP; which is saying something considering my party's damage output.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:12 pm

In terms of exploration and Bosses/FOEs this team is kind of coasting through much more smoothly than I thought they would. Managed to take down both Chimaera, at 13, and Basilisk, at 16, with no problems. While I was able to take down Flame Demon at 25, I did have a few missteps on my end. On the first attempt I had him with a slither of health and loss due to negligence on the second round of the AoE panic. The second attempt, I beat him, but with 3 casualties due to over confidence by not paying attention to my Palm Alchemist's TP.

It's looking more likely that my plan for a Medic acting as a pseudo-Troubadour is being slowly crushed. My Beast is more concerned with Self-Defense and my Highlander with Bloody Offense. So this ends up removing the need for both Warrior and Shelter Songs. The only thing left for the Medic are when I would need the appropriate Fantasias/Preludes. Also contemplating on replacing Medical Rod with Frailty Curse. While Medical Rod is nice, the fact that it can miss, has no speed modifier, and has less turns being active is kind of depressing in a way.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:25 pm

So I kind of made a mistake with Arachne, in that, I forgot about her. I ended up getting sidetracked with finishing up two remaining 2nd stratum quests, exploring the first two floors of the 3rd stratum, doing 3rd stratum quests & the initial mission, and my usual retiring for a skill reset. Ended up taking her on at 33 and obliterated her.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:55 pm

So I finally got the team into the post-game. While I figured that Overlord wouldn't be as much of a problem, I wasn't expecting to curb stomp him to the point his script wasn't as threatening as it was in past playthroughs. I've grown quite fond of this team and, consequently, I've had a nice turn about on my stance towards Alchemists from my first playthrough; when I had tested and saw items out-damaging their formula.

656 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”