EO NEWS - NEW GAME TEASED?

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

igniz13
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

EO NEWS - NEW GAME TEASED?

Postby igniz13 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:09 pm

http://sq-atlus.jp/sp/ Website teasing possible new game. Gives the hint "2DX" when you reach the top of the tree.

Micromeichi
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EO NEWS - NEW GAME TEASED?

Postby Micromeichi » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:58 pm

SO I WASNT THE ONLY ONE WHO SAW THAT!? I'M SCREAMING LIKE THE SCHOOL GIRL I AM.

*cough* Sorry for shouting. I'm just so fucking excited words can't describe

I think 2 DX hints at Untold II but who knows? I want to find out,

SirthOsiris
Manticor

Postby SirthOsiris » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:55 pm

Yeah, gotta be a new one.

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:27 am

I'm guessing it's another Untold, but I hope it's a new one. On the other hand, I've grown a bit tired of having Yggdrasil be the main plot point for every game, so if it were a new one, I'd appreciate something a bit more fresh, so part of me wants this to be another Untold, as much as I disliked the first.

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Micromeichi
Ragelope

Postby Micromeichi » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:43 am

Curry-Kohai
Manticor

Postby Curry-Kohai » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:46 am

*Important note: Not actually a Senpai.

Riseatrance
Manticor

Postby Riseatrance » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:01 am

EO2 version of Untold incoming.

Alternatively it could be an EO-themed IIDX. Because 2DX.

Haha, I'm just messing.
My current game projects:
茨心 -Thornheart- (jRPG, yuri) || Heaven's Kiss: Fallen Hydrangea (Twine, yuri romance)

(#dota2) I support Team DK! 国土無双 (LaNm), you will be missed...

Follow me on Twitter at !
3DS - 3883:5561:7702 (Please msg me on Twitter/here/Skype if you add me!)
PAD - 201,267,866 (Japanese Servers. Common Leaders: Archangel, Ganesh)

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:37 am

I always felt like EO2 had the worst story and difficulty balance out of the entire series so this is good news :)

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:19 pm

The town silhouette at the start? Definitely EO2. Also the color scheme.

As for always Yggdrasil, yah, the whole series is Yggdrasil, even when it takes place underground like EO1 and EO3. And according to series mythology from EO1U's story mode (or was it EO4's post-game dungeon?), .

Yummy, Sakura Bridge.. :)
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:21 pm

Dangit, I was just about to buy EO2 too... Now I have to wait and see if this is really a remake. I'm 99% sure it is though. You are climbing Yggdrasil, y'know. Maybe it's not even necessarily a new Untold, but just a remake. I'd like that, honestly, but chances are I'm wrong...

Sucks that I couldn't see this earlier, though. Gashdang burgles... Protip: Burgles = Burglars
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Tiaramaki
Ragelope

Postby Tiaramaki » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:26 pm

Here I was, after getting III again, thinking that I should get II for collection's sake. Then I randomly decided to search for any EO announcement, and bam! "This is not broccoli". You should've seen my mental (it was after midnight when I found out about it), excited reaction. Well, that might be an understatement...

I'm sure this is a remake for several reasons: the town silhouette at 0000m is most definitely Lagaard when compared to the artwork. The "2" is very similar in color to SQII's Japanese logo. The window and the plant art style is certainly similar to the other EO games. And, as someone mentioned, you're going up the tree, which the only time this has happened in the series so far is with Lagaard's Yggdrasil.
If they're all pointed out already, I'm sorry.

I, for one, am really excited for their take on 4S (Sakura Bridge and all).

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:27 am

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Sampson
Literary Voyeur

Postby Sampson » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:06 am

As far as difficulty goes, you run into problems when you want to be challenged and still use the OP classes, though. I would rather be able to have multiple options of doing well in the game, not just using the cookie cutter party. Also I can never resist the urge to Torpor everything in sight, which kind of cuts down on the difficulty.

Honestly, I don't care what the story is, I just like getting immersed in the dungeons and the music. If there are cool places to explore (and there always are), I'm happy. EOIII actually had the best dungeon for me, just because I felt like there was such a varied and unexpected array of landscapes to explore. But I feel like EOII's story could serve well to be expanded on. Anyway, spoilers for EOII:

I definitely agree that EOII's dungeon and exploring it has a very addicting charm to it, which is why I'm excited for this game (watch as it's like EO 4.5 or something). EOII is actually the only game in the series I have completed fully and the one I was most excited for being able to play. It's just with EOI Untold, EOII sticks out as the game with the least amount of polish for me. And like you said, the games keep on getting better with time, so I'm excited for a new take on the game, too!

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:32 am

War Magus.

Weeaboolits
Manticor

Postby Weeaboolits » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:33 am

I kind of hope they make amritas accessible before stratum 4 this time.

58 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”