Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu 2: Fafnir no Kishi

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

162 posts
Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Shin Sekaiju no Meikyuu 2: Fafnir no Kishi

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:39 am

Actually, i would LOVE split parties. imagine that. theyve done it before with Sea Quests in EO3, imagine that as an actual mechanic in a stratum... thatd be kinda fun

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MeltingPenguins » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:23 pm

well, programming a mechanic that 'records' one one party is doing, and makes them do just that 'again' when you switch to the other party, is actually rather easy...

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:53 pm

well my sort of thought was if you took the idea of how Sea Quest worked (choosing 2-3 members of the party) and the 3rd stratum in EO4 (the whole multi-entrance thing) and sorta combined them..

like a dungeon with 2 different entrances and having to choose how to split the party to have to go through each entrance through 2 different parts of the dungeon to interact with 2... "somethings" within X steps of eachother on 2 different parts of the dungeon that arent even connected

internisus
Ragelope

Postby internisus » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:38 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Bertrand sounds nice... sort of...

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:18 pm

but at the same time entirely unimpressive...
but hey, it means in the next two weeks we'll get to see Chloe...

That aside, did i see that correctly that you actually DO see what kind of grimoire you get the very round you get it?

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:30 pm

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:06 pm

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:28 pm

what's with the elevator music?

and, to nag more:
You know you are in for a ride if you can't tell if the voice actress is entirely unmotivated, on valium, or if that is actually on purpose for the character.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:45 pm

I'm pretty certain that's it's intentional, so far Chloe really haven't shown much emotions what so ever, so she's probably the typical "hides emotions because they just can't control them/finds it weak to show emotions/just doesn't have that many feelings really" characters. Hopefully there's an actual reason for it if that's the case.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:34 am

I don't like the fact that they put the war magus in the back-row =/

I fear that they could have changed her set to make her appropriate to the story team, but I liked my War Magus as she was in EO2... She seems to keep her cut attacks, but her healing skills looks much stronger than I remember.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:37 am

well, the party needs a healer. and they could not have made her another medic, because heavens beware they don't show of the new classes yet put in an actual medic (adrianna, maybe? Flavio?) so, instead they might have shifted war magus toward medic and called it a day
/sarcasm
But really... I'm kind of worried for the class. I mean, IIRC war magus worked sorta best in team with a hexer, yet what is absent? A hexer.
though, we don't know the hero's skills yet...

162 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”