EOUII Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

656 posts
HumbleOkinami
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOUII Rantage!

Postby HumbleOkinami » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:23 am

Everyone downloaded the last FreeLC yesterday rite? "The Original Sin" which unlocks on 26F and is supposedly the hardest boss of the lot? Grab it before the 31st of August unless you wanna give more of your money to Atlus.
Also the DLC "Treasures Untold" that is $1.99 and features the 7 Kings from EOU back to back in a boss rush format does NOT give any sort of loot/drops from said bosses nor grimoires. It's really just if you want that sort of challenge.

Sigma
Killclaw
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Sigma » Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:54 am

So I've decided to start up a Story Mode file while working on the rest of the 6th Stratum. Consequently, it takes like 3 seconds to save to the SD Card, but it takes like 20 seconds to save to the cartridge.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:45 am

Is the way to progress in the 6th Stratum totally cryptic or am I just stupid? I've gone, with much hardships, through the hall of F.O.Es only to find a way I cannot go. Am I missing out on something? I feel like I've done every logical thing to continue but I remain stuck at the beginning.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:02 pm

They kept the quest-gate in from the original. I forgot which line it was, but it should be something along the lines of "Foul Grail". The initial start towards acquiring it would be from the Duke which will lead to another version of it down the road from the leader of the winged ones. However, I don't know if the start of it is locked behind more quests or just accessing the initial part of the Sixth Stratum.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:59 pm

Had to do a lot of questing but finally got that quest you mentioned. The part about 'those who seek the sky' made me grin. :>

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:19 am

This game does its damnedest to scare the crap out of you... being in a random encounter now.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:30 am

"Crap, I'm so close to the exit, but I'm surrounded by FOEs! I guess I'll just have to warp out."

"...I hate this game."

Other than that extremely positive and encouraging note of what has happened seriously when them dang dragons coming. I was expecting the Volt one to have a quest by floor 28 but apparently not. Those stupid cactuses are a team killer too. Normally I like a good challenge but right now this game is just supremely pissing me off.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:10 pm

Those cacti bring a whole new meaning to the term counter. I haven't really found much of the sixth stratum to be too much (random encounters and FOEs), where I've hit a wall though is Storm Emperor and the new bs they gave him. They didn't need to make the elemental dragons more freaking poweful than before.

Also, just like the sixth stratum, the elemental dragons are quest-gated and you have to complete a certain line of quests to eventually unlock them. On top of that, they also have conditional unlocks for accessing certain parts of the sixth stratum.

Edit: After a couple more attempts at Storm Emperor, killed him :D . No elemental walls were used; had used Volt Mist in its place and worked fine for the first round with the Beast force ability.

Edit 2: The event that happens after Storm Emperor is a very nice touch that didn't exist in the original.

Edit 3: Blizzard King down (no elemental walls again), found him rather easy compared to Storm Emperor. Though that might be due to the fact that it was easier to lock him down. Storm Emperor was immune to Fear, but Blizzard King wasn't. Also, I'm at a point where I really need to consider going into the final area of Ginnungagap because I'm more than likely grossly over leveled for it now (80).

Edit 4: Killed one of the bigger HP bloats (so far) in Briareus... I refuse to spell out its new name, it's worse than trying to do Ginnungagap.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:46 am

To be fair though, Briareus is just another name for Hekatonkheires in the actual myth anyway. It is annoying trying to remember how to spell it though.

Briareus was the biggest joke of a post-game boss in EO2. I actually wonder if he actually poses a threat now.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:09 pm

I believe the translation uses: Hecatoncheires. Pronouncing that thing though... As for the actual fight it wasn't too horrible, but I didn't really let him stay in a normal state. First thing he did in the fight pretty much insured he was staying permanently locked down .

He-ca-ton-chair-ez*, outside of that, I really can't fathom pronouncing that monstrosity in English.

*Or for fun of it: He-ca-ton-cherries

Edit: If you were curious on the HP-bloat: .

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:12 pm

So apparently the "[elemental] Jars" with the food buff "Attack Item Effect 3x" can actually out damage an Alchemist's formulas. Just tested it on Great Dragon:

Cocytus Formula (L10) - 2,875
Frost Jar - 4,165
:evil:

Mind you, this was with Compression (L20) and Analysis and yes, both of those abilities affect the Jars.

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:56 pm

Yeah. Videos of Japanese players absolutely slaughtering everything with attack items.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:38 am

Got some play time in. ^_^ Aww, why are there only 24 hours in a day to do all the things that I want. Farewell... sweet game... Sad part is I mostly did clean up stuff like finishing quests and a few things.

[] - [] - [] - []

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:23 pm

I've been rather busy lately as well. Progress is painfully slow.

Doesn't help with MGSV and Undertale out >_>

Been seeing a lot of parties with Gunners using all [++] grimoires with [insert element here] Up 3. Some sweet 60k ~ 80k burst shot (total) damage. Though I assume the odds of getting most of a party to trigger double action is pretty slim.

I hear that some bugs persist in the NA version, where the enemy skill "Affection Collar" improves Gunner damage output 15 ~ 30%. I kind of want to check this out myself.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:23 pm

I've noticed something with the Story party that I failed to notice with my Classic party. The enemy "Lava Beast" seems to activate grimoire chances like crazy. I would almost say it's slightly below the rate of a rare enemy activating the chance. I've noticed it more so with the original form that drops "Cooled Lava".

656 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”