EOUII Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

656 posts
Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOUII Rantage!

Postby Zypose » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:13 pm

I still get like 6 grimore chances per battle anyway, and grimore fevers LIKE CRAZY. and i'm still stuck in the 3rd stratum.
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zypose » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:50 am

I finally peirced into the 4th statum! took long enough on the boss, but i'm finally up and i feel acomplished.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:28 pm

Okay, first off, how dare they do that. I finished the 3rd ginnungagap quest. The boss wasen't hard, but that gauntlet of was terrible and made me run through all my nectars.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:57 am

alright, i'm up to the 4th stratum boss, and overall it's been great. I absolutely love this area's music and visuals. Didn't get jaw dropped immidiately like i should have, due to my exctasy for beating the 3rd stratum boss.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:14 pm

Was doing some min/maxing with my gunners and I was able to reach the damage cap of 99,999 with Burst Shot (having only 3/6 of my Grimoires with Pierce/Volt/Ice Up3), not including the guaranteed second proc with a Gunner's Force skill or a 20~25% third proc with Double Action Lv.10 + 10.

Almost there I guess. Loads of grinding ahead, I suppose -_-;

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:23 pm

The hardest part of the game is naming the cafe.

I'm up to naming it my newest playthrough... and I'm really at a loss. Nine letters is just far too short. I want to name it something cute, like uh... the Regina Fanclub! Yeah.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:00 pm

same thing I named it in the previous game; Niflheim.

Especially considering the horrifying concoctions to be found there.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:53 am

Finally got around to playing this game last week. Since I didn't have much else to do (no internet) and am playing on Picnic difficulty, I beat the fifth stratum last Sunday.

I feel a little guilty for not playing on a higher difficulty, but quite enjoy the no grinding thing. I feel like I might even be able to take on the dragons this time.

EOU2 is a lot more enjoyable than EOU1. You get access to the side dungeon in Classic mode too this time, and the whole game doesn't feel like it's geared exclusively to Story mode in general like EOU1 was. Even grimoires work better. This one gets my seal of approval for a good remake.

My guild this time: ("Witches"; I'm not good at coming up with guild names okay)
F: Mevora - Dark Hunter (whip) / Xodi - Beast (defense) / Hyobe - War Magus (sword)
B: Sawako - Gunner / Uracia - Hexer
I'm quite enjoying this slightly oddball team. I usually try for something slightly non-standard, but some kind of healer and some good offense are practical requirements which limit weird combinations. With Picnic mode I don't need to worry so much about all that though, and all the debuffing skills certainly make hunting rare drops easier. Having three healers is also nice. Xodi is better at it even than Hyobe, although she doesn't have as many skills to spend points on of course. Thanks to Hong for inspiring this team.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:27 am

So i'm heading through the game again, because of my new sd card, and i realized the team i have is completely different from my last time. I'm using Highlander/Landy/Beast in the front row, with Alchemist and Medic in the back row. I know i could have just kept going on my other sd card with my old team, but it was also an excuse to use my highlander DLC i bought.

Naya
Ragelope

Postby Naya » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:51 pm

Reclassing my whole main team lol. Or, going to soon. I've got a lvl 24 backup team of axe welding Land, Protector, Gunner, Alchemist and Troubadour. I'm starting to realize they're way more fun and useful than my level 37 team of Ronin, Beast, War Magus, Hexer and Sovereign. I just have to rest my War Magus and fully power her healing moves(probably throwing the healing skills on my future protector). And then I need to farm grimoires till I get powerful versions of everyone's most important moves I want.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:17 am

Just keep in mind that reclassing keeps the same stat growths. Oh, and, um... Beast cant reclass.

But basically.... Alchemists wont make good Protectors. or Landys. I'm sure you get the Idea though. just keep those stats in mind

Naya
Ragelope

Postby Naya » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:28 am

Edit: I'm starting a new Story Mode run. I was trying to extend the life of this glorious game by doing a complete classic mode original music run first. But wow, I really screwed up that path. I became suddenly attached to my backup team, reclassing my main team went miserably, I was becoming too lazy to grind cause I was having way less fun, and I was constantly switching to picnic and cheating because of too lazy to grind and the hell that is the 4th stratum and 3f of Ginnungagap. It was becoming one big miserable time :evil: So, rather than internally raging and making myself hate this wonderful game, I'm starting a new Story Mode path with the new music instead. I want back the joy I felt upon playing the demo. It's no fun anymore once my party is an insufferable pain in my ass. :lol:

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:26 am

I'm sorry my reply wasn't sooner then. I'm not the type of person to COMPLETELY start from scratch though. those guys coulda been useful for grimoire farming!

On that note, i still need to finish the end-game on my run. I, too, did a classic mode OG music run. to this day, i havent heard the remastering of the 2rd, or 5th stratums, the second battle theme, or specific boss themes, and it gets me all tingly to hear them. I wanted to start story mode in a post game completed NG+. i'd love to keep them separate at this point just to experience it, but i dont want to run through story mode back-to-back in order for it to reflect on my guild card, so.. yeah. not to mention the ability to blast through story mode abusing the shop/gear of my main team/etc. yeah. im gonna do that. dont judge. i'll have "earned" that much

currently "stuck" on the last dergun. and by stuck i mean refusing to go down to standard mode to kill it. level capped and just shy of the damage to take it down. i havent tried in a few weeks though. been meaning to get back to that...

Naya
Ragelope

Postby Naya » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:56 pm

Don't worry, I didn't delete my original path, just abandoned playing it out of frustration. I still have two separate saves for my Classic Mode path. Doing my Story Mode run in the 3rd save slot. Currently at the 2nd stratum. I really really wanted to stick to the way I was doing it, original music and classic first but I overly frustrated myself, felt underleveled/underpowered/badly planned out party and wasn't having any fun anymore. But yeah, story mode path is in a totally separate save slot.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:01 am

I had a bit of frustration deciding my team for a good long while. the big hurdle with my group is a lack of a dedicated tank. or a dedicated healer. My princess only sort of kind of not really does both through Dauntless Order, Artery, and Protect Order.

my group had a few character swaps and there were times i just wanted to scrap it all because i couldnt outlive or i couldnt outheal certain fights.

knowing i would be able to do X fight on expert if i only just had an X instead of my Y was really demotivating.
I still have 2 big hurdles left whenever im motivated to get back to it. the last 2 major post-game bosses. at this point im just too stubborn to swap anyone out. my groups made it that far without any major revisions, why do it now, yknow? im starting to think i need to swap my hexer over to binds for this current boss though.. only being susceptible to sleep for control isnt overly.....helpful

656 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”