EOUII Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

656 posts
Zypose
Golem
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOUII Rantage!

Postby Zypose » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:26 am

I do hope i can get some good aoe grimores, having no multi targets except lined curses and some beast abilitys i just discovered while typing this
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu May 05, 2016 3:47 am

Thinking of giving this game a run again, considering this (Along with EO1U) are the only games in the series I haven't actually 100% completed (Maybe I'm getting burned out on the series, I dunno). Plus I need something to do while waiting in-between classes.

As much as I love my ailments and binds I'm thinking of going for a heavy elemental team with:
Front: Landsknect, Highlander, Protector
Rear: Gunner, Princess

And probably drag this into post-game. Lack of ailments and binds is gonna make random encounters suck though. I might drag out a Hexer and Dark Hunter for those maybe. Or maybe even use a Hexer instead of a Protector... which is starting to sound appealing now that I think about it, since I have an easy way to get Stigmata grimoires.

I really love the Highlander design a lot so I'm using one, though they're not the best at generating chases. In hindsight a Palm Alchemist is probably more ideal. Hmm...

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Thu May 05, 2016 11:42 am

It's always strange how parties work out in the grand scheme of things. You'd suspect them to act different, but when you go and look at the random encounters, it can be VERY interesting...

Endra
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Endra » Thu May 05, 2016 12:45 pm

My party doesn't have ailments or binds (aside from the occasional lvl 1 Random Disease when Hon doesn't have anything better to do), and between floor 10 and floor 30, I didn't have any problems with random encounters at all. Had lots of passive healing later, but I don't think I really needed that outside of boss battles before the later floors.

| |

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu May 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Thu May 05, 2016 1:40 pm

I haven't played much of story mode (just the demo), but they seem to lack a bit in the damage department without Fafnir's transformation. Just the Highlander+Alchemist combo (with Spear Assist) took most enemies down ridiculously fast. Throw song buffs into the mix, and the vast majority of random encounters didn't have time to become an issue.

The snowman things would have been horrible (i completely forgot about them when I wrote the previous post), but at that point I had an Ice Wall grimoire to deal with them. Speaking of the 3rd stratum, I checked more than once if I had lowered the difficulty because most encounters were that easy.

Definitely a party/play style thing. I was surprised myself.

| |

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Thu May 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Yeah..whenever I have a Moa battle, I use Issen (PANIC BUTTON) if I cannot bind their legs with Itien. (Dark Hunter_

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Fri May 06, 2016 10:23 am

@Wolkenritter : I use a chase no-ailments team for my classic run (I'm nearly done, I'm currently one floor away from Ur-Child) without any issue with random encounters.

Landsknecht + Troubadour just wreck most of them (if you want to go with chase, I recommend Troubadour instead of Princess, you can still get Circle grimoires later ^^). I have a Beast instead of a Protector, but that's mainly because I run a Palm Alchemist and my Gunner in the front row for Point Blank (and I have a personal preference for pandas).

If you're scared of not being able to use binds, your Gunner can still fill this role against some enemies (I use mine for head-binding bosses to boost elemental damages on them), just give him/her a luck accessory or a Curb Atk Up grimoire if you have one.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri May 06, 2016 11:35 am

I'll probably swap over to Trouba once I actually get the chases since their reqs are fairly steep at this early stage in the game.

At the moment I'm just doing Fencer + Double Attack shenanigans. Which is simple, but very effective.

I'm actually going with this for the moment:
Front: Lands, Alchemist, Princess
Rear: Gunner, Hexer

Early game has been surprisingly easy thus far. Though I've been lucky that enemies haven't been doubling up on my Alchemist.

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Fri May 06, 2016 11:40 am

I always have the enemies going after my Ronin. So my tiger has to always protect then do Tiger Strike and she has to have Drawing Stance up constantly to evade the attacks .3.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon May 09, 2016 1:36 am

Front: Highlander, Princess, Beast
Rear: Gunner, Troubadour

That what my team ended up after experimenting around a bit (And also killing Chimaera). The Beast and Gunner will probably swap places during bosses and FOEs in the future to take advantage of Point Blank.

Princess and Trouba in the same party does seem a little strange... until you realize that the only buff my Princess is using is Protect Order. She doesn't hang back and cheer the party, she's going to go to show everyone why she's leader and deal some crazy Link Order damage when following up Burst Shot in the future.

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Mon May 09, 2016 9:45 am

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon May 09, 2016 12:44 pm

I'll probably reclass my Landsknecht to a Highlander for Ur-Child and the last DLC bosses. The Chase set-up proved useful against pretty much everything, but if I have enough damages to down the dragons in one turn, I'll need more burst against the last challenges.

So I think I gonna do a Highlander + Compression Alchemist + Gunner as main source of damage, always with my loyal Beast and my Troubadour leader ^^

I just need to finish exploring 30F...
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed May 11, 2016 8:47 am

Beat Basilisk; wasn't a clean run though since my Beast and Princess died. This was mainly due to running out of TP without my Princess' Force Break up and ready. My offense pretty much sucked during the last 25% of his HP, so my Beast wasn't able to hold up with him getting a 2nd chance to use his horrible max HP lowering debuff.

A win is a win though. 2nd strata time!

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri May 13, 2016 12:56 pm

Swapped out my Princess for an Alchemist for the Flame Demon, since the Alchemist has much greater damage. Poor guy didn't stand an chance, he was utterly annihilated in 7 turns.

I'll confess I did pass a couple of high-end Point Blank grimoires to my damage dealers. But eh, it was fun seeing my team pump out enormous numbers.

656 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”