EOUII Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

656 posts
zamisk
ItL Moderator

EOUII Rantage!

Postby zamisk » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 pm

EOUII is getting to be quite the string of digits! Anyways, you guys know the drill. This is the discussion topic for all things EOUII that don't need their own thread. Questions, stories, moaning about the European release date, all the usual stuff that accompanies a new EO game. Go bananas.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOUII Rantage!

Postby Dangerus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:48 am

Any ideas on how Arianna and Hero's relationship would turn out?

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:41 am

Did you forget the 'childhood promise' thing? It's definitely going to be a love story. Probably no hating though. Neither seems the type to do that.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:49 am

EOII was my favorite, so I can't wait to get my hands on this one (even if being european means I'll have to wait a loooooong time...).

What's buzzing me so far, is the composition of the story mode team :

- an unknown class
- a princess
- a survivalist
- a war magus
- a protector

If we put aside the unknown class for now, we have nearly no elemental damages (except princess' weapon buffs, and I don't remember if her spell to break weapon enchantments did elemental damages in EOIII), and no status inducer to work with the war magus. Survivalist is also a pretty weak class (in the original EOII and in first EOU), with mainly support and gathering spells and only little offensive power.

Unless the unknown class is a game-breaking class capable of doing status effects and big damages, I fail to see how this team will turn out in term of class combo and total damages (in opposition of the first EOU story team which was classic and well balanced).

Maybe we could see a rework of both war magus and survivalist classes (I would hate it for war magus, since it's my favorite class in all series) to make this team work in story mode. Or maybe they changed the princess overall buff power...

For now it's wait and see, until we have more information about the hero's new class.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:44 pm

I personally noticed there is at least one character I don't like in each team in this EOU series. I am happy it isn't the title character of this particular part of the franchise. I think the hero in EOUII is more attractive than the Highlander. I'd be disappointed if like there is a lack of him on pixiv.

P.S. If the Untold series does turn into Final Fantasy the Dungeon Crawler, at least we have the originals to play with.

Also, am I the only one getting positive vibes from Arianna and the Hero's relationship? Looking at their hair colors, I wouldn't I am sorry for fangirling and rambling here, but after playing Classic Mode in EOU, I want to play EOUII's Classic Mode as well. My EOU/1 team needs their War Magus back.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:22 pm

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:47 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Windywalk
Ragelope

Postby Windywalk » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:14 pm

EOU Stratum graphical font was brought from European version of EO1.
EO2 doesn't have European version. EOU2 US version will redraw graphics like EO1 EU or EOU.
EO1 EU version has a few different Floor description.
B5F
US: Staring down the roar
EU: The angry roar
B10F
US: The forest's silent king
EU: The silent king of the jungle
B28F
US: Explorers' abbatoir
EU: Explorers' abattoir (Fixed misspelling)

B5F and B10F are checked by play video, still same in Untold.
Is fixed about B28F misspelling in Etrian Odyssey Untold?
Last edited by Windywalk on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:19 pm

All you guys make me feel bad for actually liking EOU's Story Mode and having high hopes for this new game's Story Mode. *sobs*
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:08 am

| |

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:21 am

As for the classes:

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:04 am

@TempestBlade - The European translation of EO1 started separately from the American one, with different choices for some terms (like Bard instead of Troubadour). After the first two floors or so they apparently realized that they were duplicating effort and just copied the rest from the American translation with only a few minor adjustments.

@Meeps - I agree with your assessment in general. An Alchemist being required for post-game though is nothing special. Most EO games have specific requirements for post-game. A Protector was necessary for example in EO1 and EO2 to survive the dragons.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:47 pm

As for Garrett's comment...

Yeah, I love three so much.

Speaking of Creator's Classes... My guess is the Shogun is probably that and is why I fear . The fact they need to be used is what makes me cringe a lot of the time. I bet people feel the same way about Yggdroids, though. EO3's Prince class was already pretty awesome but if EOU2 ruins them, I will be sad.

656 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”