EOUII Rantage!

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

656 posts
YangKoete
Bloodant

Re: EOUII Rantage!

Postby YangKoete » Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:43 pm

sebberu
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sebberu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:57 am

Still not done with it, but at least I defeated the Ice King from the DLC.
Aaaand I started a solo expert run as a Highlander. Holy hell, this is just ridiculous. Lvl 8 already (had to Force break almost every encounter so far) and still couldn't finish the starting mission.
Maybe I should go for Black Sabbath first...?

Edit: Alright, being patient payed off. Legion Thrust is great for a solo build! And I also put one point into Bloodlust (and Turning Tide).

sebberu
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sebberu » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:50 pm

Slowly but steadily, the Highlander Cellan (very creative guild name btw: "Justice") makes progress in the High Lagaardian Yggdrasil labyrinth. He's on 3F now and kills Wild Wings somewhat reliably, which surprised me. Finally got a new spear (47ATK) and some better armor. Long Thrust and Legion Thrust are both at lvl 9 (5+4 from Grimoires) and hit pretty good. I want the HP recovery per turn food, but it requires Venison from the Ragelopes, which I don't quite want to tackle yet.
(And yes, I'm talking about Expert Mode of course.)

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:54 pm

Finally defeated the Blizzard King... Levelled to the lvl 80 cap and made sure to land Evil Eye+Suicide when he was at about 50% HP. The rest was easy. :D

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:42 pm

Postgame again:

Next: Mapping 30F and preparing for the last of the dragon trio...

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:14 pm

Finished Story Mode this morning !

French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:16 am

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:16 am

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Shivers was awesome on this fight, it just goes well with the boss' design. It's just that the following battle between is just waaaaay too short compared to the awesome battle theme that goes with it.

I just waited for the full loop to play once I understood that the fight wouldn't be long, or else I would only have experienced a very small fragment of the music... And Koshiro's work is too awesome for that.

So yeah, now I can't wait to reach post-game in Classic. I copied my story mode saved file and started a new game+ with this compo :

War Magus (red-dressed female, of course, leader)
Dark Hunter (brown-skin, white-hair guy)
Ronin (long-hair girl)
Troubadour (white-hair guy, cause he looks like a rock-band guitarist on his portrait)
Hexer (red-dressed one, to change from my usual cute purple girl)

I'm going to rush the beginning of the game (stacking gold), so I can tackle late game as soon as possible. I kept my Story Mode save file, in case I want to tackle post-game with them, but I'm not quite found of the compo.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:54 pm

If first slot=Leader then everyone in my party is lead by a tiger...
All I can think; Nap time, hunting time, territory protection, and all sorts of big cat activities...

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:27 pm

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:03 am

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:57 am

I just realized you can't start a "normal" new game after clearing it. Meaning, even when you decide to not carry over anything into a new file, you still take the enemy/labyrinth statistics, achievements and the level cap stars with you... Wanted to restart my Highlander solo run because of this (my guild had one star at that time) but realized I can't do it the way I want to...

Edit: Oh, but I could start a new game based on my Story Mode guild card, which has no stars (and no Classic Mode achievement) yet!

Trifkin
Manticor

Postby Trifkin » Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:38 am

So this is the opposite of rantage, I know, but I just got this game about a week ago maybe and I love it so far! I'm already on the 6th floor in Story Mode. Occasionally I pop onto a second save file for my own Expert Classic Mode shenanigans.

My only gripe is the recipe development/cooking/advertising/town development nonsense. I already thought grimoires were a waste of time, I don't need all this extra junk! Gimme more sweet dungeon crawling action instead.

Zypose
Golem

Postby Zypose » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:07 am

Been going through story mode, tryin to finish it this time. Made it up to the second statum, and past the first ginnungagap boss. Let's just hope i can get through this well enough, because i am dreading the third stratum boss again
I used to be a Fighter like you, but then I took a phoot to the leg

656 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”