I hope Etrian Odyssey takes a page from Fire Emblem and...

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Hobgoblin
Ragelope

I hope Etrian Odyssey takes a page from Fire Emblem and...

Postby Hobgoblin » Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:09 am

makes it so that characters you create in future games have a voice that you can pick. That way, your Landsknecht could have voice acting in battle despite not being able to say anything in the field.

And, if it's not someone's thing, there could always be a "no voice" option to preserve the classic feel of the games. Or, you could always just have that one character that you feel would be mute all the time.

I think it'd add a nice element of customization to characters.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I hope Etrian Odyssey takes a page from Fire Emblem and.

Postby MeltingPenguins » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:52 am

Wouldn't that take away a bit of the 'the character's personalities are in your head' thing? I mean, having an audible voice could be nice, but at the same time what they say might go grossly against your headcanon for them

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:07 am

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:49 am

no, what you described is 'forcing one's headcanon onto others'. Headcanon has by now become a word for every personal (as in the fan) bit of history that is made for a character that isn't canon. This does include complete storyless characters.
If it gets widely accepted by the fandom something can become fanon.

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:03 pm

| |

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”