Force Skills and Class Abilities

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Force Skills and Class Abilities

Postby Hobgoblin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Thought I'd make this, since I didn't see a topic for it here.

This information was not provided by me, but by dedicated GameFAQs and SomethingAwful users. I merely am compiling it here for convenience!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Force Skills

(The first skill is Force Boost, the second is Force Break.)

Fafnir (The story mode main character)
Transform: increase HP and all attack power
Ignite Ray: a long-range fire + ice + volt composite attack

Princess
Oath Towards Victory: Orders become party-wide and only cost half the TP
Nobility Proof: Restores the party's HP/TP

Survivalist
Phantasm Traces: greatly increase own evasion and chase attacks done by bows (?)
Fleeting Rain: 16 random long-range pierce attacks at all enemies

Protector
Great Shield's Protection: increase damage reduction of Guard skills
Perfect Defense: negate all incoming attacks during this turn

War Magus
War Edge Power: War Edge skills' secondary effects activate even if the target is not under a status ailment
Spirit Garment: restore all allies' HP, binds, and ailments, and prevent all "bad" effects until turn's end

Alchemist
Analysis: Alchemists skills hit harder when hitting a weakness
Eschaton: Untyped damage to all enemies

Landsknecht
Full Charge: All attacks by sword&axe become critical for 3 turns
Full Gain (All Out): A powerful melee cut attack to a single enemy

Dark Hunter
Trance: Raise damage inflicted to enemies under binds & ailments for 3 turns
Rose Prison: A melee attack to a single enemy. Head+arm+leg bind and poison effect triggers at a high probability

Medic
Intensive Care (Steady Hands): For 3 turns, raise one's own healing skill effects and action speed, and halve TP consumption
Super Medicine (Healing Touch): Restore all allies' HP, incapacity, binds, ailments, and debuffs

Troubadour
Prolonged Battle Song: For 3 turns, ally buff turn counts will not decrease and cannot be canceled by the enemy
Final Battle Song (Crusade): Until turn's end, increase damage inflicted by allies and decrease damage directed at allies

Ronin
Fudou: For 3 turns, maintain stance, and reduce TP consumption of katana skills of the current stance
Issen: A ranged cut attack at all enemies. Instantly kill at a high probability

Hexer
Curse Erosion: For 3 turns, greatly increase the success rate of binds and ailments, and enemy debuff turn counts stop decreasing
Black Mist Curse: Extend turn duration of binds and ailments on the enemy

Gunner
Act Boost: For 3 turns, attack skills by guns activate twice. The power of the second hit slightly decreases from the first.
Supreme Magic Bullet (Riot Gun): A powerful long-range stab attack to a single enemy. Stun at a high probability

Beast
Sacrifice: For 3 turns, triple own HP
Ultimate Endurance: Until turn's end, cover and withstand attacks of all damage, and a bash attack to all enemies at turn's end

Highlander
Heroic Battle: For 3 turns, increase power of spear skills, and restore HP of allies by a certain portion of the damage
Gae Bolg: By Consuming all allies' and own HP, a powerful ranged stab attack to all enemies

Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Re: Force Skills and Class Abilities

Postby Hobgoblin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:48 pm

Fafnir

Protector

War Magus

Survivalist

Princess

Myssdii
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Myssdii » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:20 pm

They changed the War Magus sword skills... :(

Overall seems fine, now I see how the team will turn up even if I'm not too happy with the Princess changes, I think I'll miss weapon buffs, and the double-edge sword buff/debuff removal skills don't seem so great to use.
On the contrary, I'm pretty satisfied with the Survivalist changes, he needed them.

About the new class, I wonder if its delayed chase can chase its own skills (if so, it could be pretty much op with the Princess chasing skills), having a user of multi-target physical+elemental skills is new to the series (the gunner was mono-target), looks interesting.

Of all classes, the Beast seemed to get a buff with its Force-skills, looking forward to the rest. It was one of my favorite class in EO2, just too bad you couldn't really use its main skills without killing it back then.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:56 pm

Personally I'm a bit confused over the Alchemist's skill.
So, they moved Runemaster's passive 'runic guidance' (correct me if i messed up my spellnames again) to become the active 'analysis' in Untold, and now they make it a forceskill?

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:12 pm

Looks like it. It also looks like they keep the Ronin stances from EOU : according to its Force Skill, it still needs to have a stance active. Not really surprising, but worth noting :)

The Princess also earned the basic Rune skills from the Runemaster. Wonder why they moved it from the Troubadour... Would be weird if both classes have those type of skills.

EDIT : nevermind, for the Princess it's one turn only, so they are probably better in term of modifiers.

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Postby Hobgoblin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Here are the rest. No word on Highlander yet.

Landsknecht

Ronin

Dark Hunter

Beast

Gunner

Alchemist

Medic

Troubadour

Hexer

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:55 pm

I like some of these :D

- The beast seems like it can become a better Protector if you can pass it some skills with Grimoires (it misses a Taunt, unless some protection skills are actually passive like they were in the original)
- I absolutely love the little tricks they did to the Troubadour : less useless long-time buff songs and more 1-turn buffs ! And that passive TP regen on-field <3
- The Gunner new multi-action passive (the same as the EO4 Nightseeker) will be great with Grimoires, since pretty much any character can benefit from it.
- Some tricks to the Alchemist, still not as strong as the Runemaster. Need to see how much damage Alchemic Compression can do. Palm skills are interesting but I think they'll be better on Grimoires. I never was a big fan of Alchemist (neither of Zodiac or Runemaster, don't seem to like "mages" in EO ^^).

If the Grimoire system is less random, team building should actually be waaaay better than in EOU :D

EDIT : some losses too :(

- goodbye Climax (it was buggued in EOU, but it was gold in EO2 to farm second stratum boss...)
- the Hexer lose some good skills, but gain new toys. Still got that Terror skills that were gold in EOU :3

Current runs:

Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Postby Hobgoblin » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:42 pm

It lost the Terror skill that lowers enemy defense, though.

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:48 pm

Nice, thanks for posting.
Looks like the Medic could be a viable front row class again.

Windywalk
Ragelope

Postby Windywalk » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:20 am

Ronin got an inconvenience like Stance buff, original EO2 hasn't this.
Still no voice nor character effect again?
NPC seiyuu casts are dreadful. (I want English dub will recovered them?)

I wish this game got a failure and Atlus to get ahold of itself.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:48 am

Oh good golly goodness. The Beast has the exact skillset i want for a party tank. well... minus the active taunt. but it has it psuedo-ally shield... so i suppose its still workable.

i mean the protector is still undoubtably better with its active PARTY-WIDE mitigation (and the element prevention, of course). but i just enjoy really high HP, really actively mitigating tanks. something it sounds like the Beast can do in spades. it has so many options to just sponge hits really well and even some toys to regain HP (and on top of the medic's chase heal, good lord)
i can imagine myself using a beast tank, honestly... i DO wonder how their damage will keep up, though. they have a couple attacks that scale with their HP (1 for High and 1 for low HP) but if the base power is pitiful, it's not gonna matter too much, i dont think.

that said, it looks like it'll be one or the other for your party, and i think the beast just loses out because it doesnt have the utility... it's a shame really.

.....That said, I didnt lose my EOU core party setup (Ronin+Gunner chase core). Though it seems like they have a metric TON more chasing options. especially elemental chasing this time around. Landies rejoice, youre not alone!

EDIT: I just noticed the Troubadour's echoing sound skill. I can only imagine the types of setups that can slot into. plus, in theory, it changes the troubadour's entire role, or at least how it does it's role. which is kinda neat. not necessarily GOOD, but neat. but having really powerful single target buffs spreadable without the need to waste turns/grimoires might just see some use.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:49 pm

If the War Magi's binds have a high chance of working (Which they really should since they're conditional), they would have perfect synergy with whip Dark Hunters. Dark Hunter tosses up Poison while the War Magus takes advantage of it by binding the enemy with it.

In fact, I think my EO2U dream team probably will be: Dark Hunter, War Magus, Protector, Hexer and Gunner. ... Which isn't actually that much different from what most people would run in EO2 anyway =/

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:31 am

ASSUMING highlander is really actually a thing and has the same basic gimmick...

I'd most likely run:

Beast/ Ronin/ Highlander

Troubadour OR Prince(ss)/ Medic

if highlander isnt a thing then... probably Alchemist or Gunner for the back row damage.

i would think both prince(ss) AND troubadour would be...... really really bad. not enough buff slots

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 pm

I'm interested in the lack of straight up TP regen, such as what the Alchemist and Medic had. There are only a few carefully restricted TP recovery skills. I hazard a guess that it's instead given by some optional bonus (cooking?).

Love the rework of the Hexer's Revenge. Never was sensible that the lowest HP character in the game dealt damage based on HP. Sacrifice's damage probably depends on both target's HP (current or max?) and caster's TEC, like in EOU.

Hexer + Beast!

Wish Reincarnate didn't have a "chance" to revive. I get the feeling Hexer's debilitation/domineering powers have been extended into the party rather than only into the enemy. That sounds weird but i think it is awesome. With a pair of Hexers, one can bind itself, cast a spell, then the other one casts Sacrifice on it to inflict the bindings on the enemies.

I'll probably run:

War Magus / Dark Hunter / Beast
Hexer / 2nd Hexer or Beast

I am seeing tons of other options though. This is quite the vast spread.

Edit: The HP added by Medic's Overheal might count towards Sacrifice's damage. May use a Medic or put Overheal Grimoire on a War Magus if it does.

14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”