News on the DLC

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Endra
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: News on the DLC

Postby Endra » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:38 pm

I didn't say "more neutral characters", I said "neutral", meaning completely unrecognizable as any gender. That would not only confuse most regular players (considering they even had trouble with the younger male Landsknecht in IV), but be far from believable too.
And if we go the "creatures that have no use for them" route: I haven't seen any creature in any game that makes full use of every part of their design. We could be purely technical here and leave out everything that's not needed, but no one does that. Why do female-looking Deep Ones have breasts? I can't really see a fish- or amphibian-based race breastfeeding their offspring so those don't make sense either. So what's the point? I don't know. But I don't think they're a problem either.

And I don't see anything pointless about breasts on that monster. That creature has a humanoid torso, and is female. Most human females have breasts. Ergo, this creature has breasts too. They aren't any more pointless than the breasts on Harpuia or Deep Ones.

TL;DR I agree the things designers put on their designs don't always make sense, but they're nowhere near as bad as you make them out to be (and certainly not in the seim vein as the hot spring DLC). And I'm not quite sure what you want to say with your original comment. At best, it's pointlessly sarcastic (maybe because you're generally upset about EO getting DLC? I don't know); if you were serious, the "results of a bugged datamining attempt at final fantasy and pokemon" statement would just be plain wrong. Though that honestly reads more like "I'm pissed they're doing DLC", probably further fueled by the hot spring thing.

| |

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:05 pm

One thing I could agree on with the centaur lady's design is the sheer fact that they made the boobs stand out by having them poke out of the torso armour thingy. Had it looked more natural, like being of the same grey-brown-black as it's mostly of, it wouldn't bother me as much and if anything, I'd think it'd look cool.

Also, guys, everytime I write "inbefore" "inb4" and such, I'm mostly just joking around. Don't take those too seriously.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MeltingPenguins » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:04 pm

I'm not 'generally upset about DLC', i'm upset about shitty DLC, containing things that are just mindboggling, pointless, or makes you pay for stuff that was built in at the previous games.
If it were neat DLC (as said before, for example new class portraits with cameos of NPCs etc), okay. New big questlines? yeah.
But what they delivered so far...

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:24 am

The new bosses are fine. EO games always had a strong post-game and adding extra challenges on top of what's already there is actually very welcome.

EO2 already had a large number of post-game bosses (Beaten only by EO3's amount if you count the Sea Quest bosses), so having even more is really great. Also unlike that infamous hot spring scene, this isn't Day 1 DLC. Unless their data is already in the game, them being DLC is somewhat justified.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:02 am

*shrug* as said, with the new dlc i'm more disappointed than anything.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:36 am

No, i get over pointless things that try to tell me they are not pointless and that I should perceive them as a great gift. Which is the feeling I got from Untold and now form Untold 2.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:47 am

I don't understand why you're pissed like this. These DLCs are added to the original content of the game, it's not like Atlus did remove the 6th stratum and said "Hey, if you want to know the real endind, pay X$ to get it !".
They're totally bonus content and unecessary to enjoy the full game. You'll still get story mode, all 6 stratums, the Princes/Princesses in classic mode, the classic mode, etc...

I don't care much about DLC, I might pay some of them if I want, but nothing forces you to get them all and pay more than what you want to pay for EOU2 (and it looks like you weren't going to buy the game in the first place, so WHY are you being so negative and sarastic about a spin-off/remake's added contents you're not even going to play it ?).

I don't understand the debate about "boobs" : monsters design don't necessary make sense, and a lot of previous EO bosses/monsters had a female torso, and it never shocked anyone. You're just plainly negative for the sake of it, because it's for an Untold game. Just let it go, and wait for EOMD or EO5. Just stop this debate already since it's not a creative one.
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:46 pm

[] - [] - [] - []

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:54 pm

This may come as a surprise to some, but I kind of like the idea of being able to refight the bosses from 1 in 2.

As for the second one… *squints* Isn’t that the ultimate boss from 3 or am I mistaken?

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Nah looks like an original to me, also a 31st floor? Whee! Having all these bosses seals it for me. Untold 2 is totally going to have the best post-game.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:20 am

More post game bosses ! YAY !

This is gonna be reeeeeeeeally hard... As if EO2 ultimate boss wasn't enough of a pain to kill without spamming Axcela+Paladin Force Skill :D

The hidden-one looks like it may come from EO3, but it doesn't exactly match one of its bosses... I would say a kind of mix between Kraken and Anemone...
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:00 pm

New final super-boss, eh?

So much for Ur-Child, let us prepare for...

WHO'S UR-DADDY?
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:03 pm

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:32 am

ausExplorer
Ragelope

Postby ausExplorer » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:34 am

Wait... they're putting DLC in a remake??? A brand new game i can understand but a remake??
3DS Friend Code: 1247-0012-9187

Currently Playing: Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl

Games I own but yet to play: Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan

71 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”