News on the DLC

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

News on the DLC

Postby MeltingPenguins » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:28 pm

The page for U2 has been updated with an overview of available DLC. In addition to the Highlander class and more character portraits, there's also a downloadable new story mode quest.
It's the infamous hot spring episode, and the characters will battle naked.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: News on the DLC

Postby Kimiko » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:10 pm

<insert eye-rolling emoticon here>

The Highlander portraits are nice though.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Urgh.
Perhaps some of the DLCs outside of Japan will be for free for some time, too.

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:32 pm

I really like the Highlander designs. The Highlander DLC is going to free for the first few weeks and then it'll start costing money.

The English version will either do the same thing or have Highlander already in the game. Its a little ridiculous that they're announcing DLC 2 - 3 days before release. At they very least, it looks like more care was taken into designing the Classic Mode, since other than the hot springs thing, the DLC is centered on it.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Not to make this some sort of war or anything but...

you're entirely ok with companies cutting content created for a game and with-holding it behind a paywall then, Garrett? its not about needing or wanting to buy whatever that content is. its the fact that the content SHOULD HAVE been included from the start. granted, this doesnt apply to all DLC. just Day 1 DLCs. FE:A did an AMAZING job with their DLC model.

in this case, im sort of on the fence. its still cut content made day 1 DLC (or rather day negative 2-3) BUT theyre offering it free for a limited while, as a sort of package. which is actually really cool (better than something like EA would pull). i guess i can kind of see what the idea is, making the highlander as part of an optional support avenue down the road... still, its kind of... odd.

not to say DLC is bad or anything and i agree with your stance of dont complain if you dont like it. but still. im more with Wolk that the idea behind it is.... odd. I'm holding my opinion on EOU2 until we see how they handle the localization. I mean, japan tends to have alot of... different standards with this sort of stuff

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:32 pm

DLC is DLC. That is all.

New quests are always good, even if they're cliche. Also, I'm probably not going to get the EO1 portrait pack, 1. because I don't want my team too look like how they did in Untold, I want them to look DIFFERENT, 2. because imo most if not all the characters look better in EO2 anyways. I will totally be getting the second pack, mostly because you can finally change the gunner girls pose. I mean, I hope I'm not alone in thinking that her normal pose is just really, ehh, annoying, for lack of a better word. Would have been nice if the other 2 highlanders weren't just recolors, but meh, it's not like you're going to probably be having at least more than two in your party at once.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:34 pm

-slams fist onto the table-
NO! it is REQUIRED! YOU! MUST! BUY! THE! FANSERVICE!!!!!
you WANT naked battles! and you will PAY for them! and you WILL LIKE IT!

/sarcasm

the only thing i can think of where that line of needing to buy DLC becomes blurred is with online games. like with Mario Kart 8. Y'know, since certain people dont have certain DLCs (and therefore dont have the assets to even use), games can become segmented behind different paywalls and such.

i dont hear to many complaints about that though

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:44 am

On a note:
Apparently the new battle portraits in the Hot Spring DLC is only for the two girls.

Garlyle
Fenrir

Postby Garlyle » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:55 am

(EO sprite templates )

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:06 pm

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:52 am

Just saw some of the actual screenshots of the hot springs DLC.
I honestly thought that you were just over-exaggerating about the naked portraits thing. Really, not something that I ever expected from an Etrian Odyssey game.

Well, not that I'm complaining...

I MEAN I AM COMPLETELY AGAINST BOOBS AND I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS, AND WILL TOTALLY NOT BE PURCHASING THIS DON'T HURT ME PLEASE

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:25 am

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:45 am

Killing Super Bosses while naked...
I have no problems with that idea. Time to come up with a unique guild name...

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:27 am

So, you can't just imagine the characters to be with their regular portrait?
...Men....

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 pm

And this happens only to the female characters? Way to go Atlus >:(
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

71 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”