News on the DLC

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: News on the DLC

Postby MeltingPenguins » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:12 pm

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:09 pm

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:13 pm

more news on the DLC:
Some new DLCs have been announced: one has you figting mechagozilla and one has you figth a karate-rooster

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:39 pm

They're both intended to be post-game bosses incidentally. Demon Chicken is for parties at level 65+ while the Demon... Robot... Thing... is for level 75+. Wouldn't surprised me if you could take them on at lower levels though this is EO we're talking about here >_>

Worth noting that Demon Chicken is voiced(!!) by Daisuke Namikawa.

Oh right there's one more new DLC. Its a new Quest which when completed affects the Grimoire Chance rate with one of the Guild House meals.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:22 pm

I'll say it now:
I like the non-microtransactions ways of increasing rare breeds and drop rate in 4 much much much more.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:11 am

Those details don't matter if you, as it appears, need to purchase a quest to do something that in the games before was for free. (4 had the food stuff you could find, Untold the GOOD buffs).
If you now need a recipe from a quest you have to buy for real money in order to increase things needed for achievements when they were free before, that's ridiculous.
They can dearly charge for interesting DLC (as said for example, class portraits of the other games' story NPCs), but when it's stuff like that, nope.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:39 am

it's so ridiculous and disappointing, really. I mean, there is SO MUCH they COULD do that would justify charging for the new content. but so far... Heck, none of these are really things that could not have been done with QR-codes, like in 4.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:27 pm

yeah.
on the other hand, though, it could be worse. like some other recent titles, where you (will) have to purchase to get the game's STORY in full.

Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Postby Hobgoblin » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:44 am

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:46 pm

| |

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:40 pm

I found a screenshot of what Chloe's portrait looks like:

If Atlus doesn't alter that, you all should not be buying.

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Postby zamisk » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:13 pm

Do you mean not be buying the DLC or the game?

Seems a little dramatic to me.

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:51 am

I pretty highly doubt it's illegal.
Plus if it's a problem just change Chloe to a boy with odd hairstyle choices. Nobody will know the difference. :D
Seriously though, I hope that this doesn't affect the chances of the DLC getting localized. Atlus usually doesn't change much when it comes to localizing though, soooo. On the other hand, yeah, I've seen worse in rated T games.

Anyways, on a different note, anyone else think that its weird that Atlus is announcing a localization of Etrian Mystery Dungeon earlier than Untold 2? Unless I missed some sort of news concerning the localization of Untold 2 before. But still. Wow this post sounded weird.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:06 am

[] - [] - [] - []

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:46 am

People, my disgust about this DLC and the detail about it that made me decide not to buy the game is this simple little thing:

This was Day 1 DLC.
Payed DLC.
It was announced before release.
Do you know what this means?
DLC, payed or free, that comes is announced and comes out the day of release is meant to increase the sales, due to have people buy the game because they DO want to see something specific.
This is not a wild assumption. This is how this stuff works in the gaming industry.
In short:
They mad payed DLC, clearly stating that you can perma-switch the portraits of the female characters to nude pictures, hoping that more people would buy the game to have these two underage and underage looking girls be naked.
And not just that.
Chloe looks like she's getting sexually pleasured, expressionwise.
If you don't see anything wrong with that, go seek a doctor, because NO.

And aside from that:
Garrett, you are creeping me out and guessing by the edit made to your post, you creeped out others too.
Besides: you DO know why there's such a big loli- and shotacon market in japan?

EDIT: Also, I have just been informed about a very important detail:
In order to complete the maps, the codex and the compendium you are REQUIRED to purchase the DLC.
So much for the 'don't like it don't buy it'

71 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”