News on the DLC

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: News on the DLC

Postby Kimiko » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:55 am

Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MeltingPenguins » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:05 am

Not every country is so lax with that as the US, garrett. In sweden, for example, that pic would be enough to get one to jail.

As for other reasons: as said, it's all made even worse by the fact that you can't fully complete the game without the payed DLC

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:50 pm

The expression is close enough to the depiction of sexual pleasure (especially in terms of japan) to be viewed as that, which still creeps me out.
It's plainly unsettling, and yeah, the DLC is point- and tasteless the way it is executed. There could have been ways to make it decent, but like this (and with the fact that if you download one payed DLC you'll have to purchase them all in order to 100% the game)... just no.

MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Postby MrTwinklehead » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:37 pm

Inbefore, this DLC is the only reason we still don't have a western release date because of different cultures and the fact they don't know what to do about it. Because even though it may not be illegal in the US, the media just seems to be just in general more sensitive about sexual content (because while it's not necessary sexual, it can easily be interpreted as such).

Stuff they could do instead:
- Remove the DLC for western releases completely and makes it not mandatory to 100%.
- Remove the portraits, but keeps the episode none the less.
- Edit the portraits to make them more decent (aka toss a towel on them, or more steam to cover them up, the latter one is probably more likely to happen).
- An entirely different DLC completely unrelated to the hot springs to make up for it.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:54 pm

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:32 am

This time featuring the results of a bugged datamining attempt at final fantasy and pokemon (with added, use- and pointless titties, to make sure everyone knows it's a female thing), as well as the results of a drunken session of spore.

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:53 am

I never did compare it to that DLC.
Slapping female breasts, eyelashes or other 'feminine' stuff on creatures that have no use for them, to make sure everyone knows it's a female creature, is a common and very silly practice. Just pointing out that it remains silly no matter matter what
(i mean there are movies in which they slapped boobs and eyelashes on a frigging TURKEY)

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:43 am

it's still silly, i say.
as for the pokemon reference: look up arceus

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:10 am

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:41 am

Wolkenritter: I know, but that doesn't really help the matter.

And personally I am still not impressed that they have the 'gain exp' thing be a payed DLC as well, when it was a built-in thing in 4 and U that didn't require a quest, respectively only required a bit of luck and reputation grinding.

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:59 pm

Centaurs have been around for way longer than Arceus, including human torso and bow.

This isn't a case of slapping breasts on something just for the heck of it, it's part female human(oid thing), and female characters have breasts most of the time. Might as well complain about female player portraits with boobs. Or we could just make everything male/neutral looking by default and deal with the complaints about not having any women at all in games.

I agree with the complaints about the exp quest though.

| |

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:21 pm

*sighs*
Ah wow, it's a centaur (yeah, I -totally- didn't get THAT, totally >_> ), where, despite being part human(oid) slapping on breasts to underline its female is pointless. It's not comparable to female portraits. (i know my share about game design, so trust me on this one)
And really, more neutral characters? with the number of 'sexy lamp' games out there, that'd be an improvement, actually.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:39 pm

Whats with you guys and this game and arguing about boobs? :I

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:36 pm

If I want DLC in the game, at least a new stratum at the very least.

Oh yeah, how is the Highlander DLC in this game? Still doing the Delayed Charge + Cross Charge combo or is the class in general spiced up a bit?

71 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”