If EOU3 announed, what do you want?

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Windywalk
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

If EOU3 announed, what do you want?

Postby Windywalk » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:48 pm

http://www35.atwiki.jp/yougosq/pages/5534.html

I want below conditions:
*Better character design and voice casting.
*Don't mess original map again.
*Don't mess skill tree again. I just want improvement.
*Don't make excessive DLCs.

Hero: Special class
Heroine: Landsknecht (IV) or Arcanist?
Ally 1: Monk (Male)
Ally 2: Hoplite (Female)
Ally 3: Buccaneer (Female)

Hero's VA is veteran, Hiroshi Kamiya.
Heroine: Saori Hayami
Ally 1: ? (Character age is older than Glasses Monk)
Ally 2: Hitomi Nabatame (Character age is close than Bob Hoplite)
Ally 3: ? (Character age is between Blonde and Pink)
As Hero, Previous installments have veteran like Kosuke Toriumi and Hikaru Midorikawa.

Hoplite Age:
Lion hair (M1) > Cleft chin (M2) > Bob (F1) > Twintail (F2)
Height is also same as this order.
Youngest age is 20+.

Armoroad Innkeeper: Mutsumi Tamura
Voyager: Akio Otsuka
Flowdia: Suzuki something. (Usually voicing grandma. Don't ask about it.)
Napier (Elder, Armoroad): Rina Sato
Deep City Innkeeper: Maaya Uchida
Napier (Younger, Deep City): Yoko Hikasa
Gutrune: Rie Kugimiya
Abyssal King: Jun Fukuyama
Lindworm (Similar to Forest folk): Motoki Takagi
Wereruf (Similar to Flausgul): Miyuki Sawashiro
Hiiragi (Ronin): Eri Kitamura
Fulbe (Hexer): Yoko Honda

Seaquest NPC portrait is revealed that first time.

Voice actors usually used from Mausu Promotion and I'm Enterprise.
Last edited by Windywalk on Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: If EOU3 announed, what do you want?

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:56 pm

Personally I would probably want more DLC. ^_^ Give me more to do with the game after I beat it. Very similar to games like Muramasa for Vita or for SMTIV.

I don't care about voice acting because I always turn the voices off anyways.

Definitely incorporate the save file system again.

I would want them to change the classes and the abilities received. EO3 and 4 were the worst in the series for me because I felt all of the classes learned very "meh" abilities that didn't work for my particular play style. It wasn't very well balanced in my opinion. EO3 is the only EO game I put down half way beaten. I just couldn't get into it. There was just something that rattled my teeth with the game.

[] - [] - [] - []

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:27 pm

I personally think that Etrian Odyssey 3 doesn't need a remake. I can see EO1 and EO2 being remade because they were older games, but EO3 feels, too me, on par with EO4 in many ways, and when a DS game is on par with a 3DS game, that says something. However, chances are an Untold 3 will come out eventually, and there's probably not much to be done about that.

However, if they do make an EOU3, other than some of the general stuff like 'Touch up this, change this', overall, I really don't want them to get rid of the ending system that EO3 had. I have a nasty feeling that EOU3 would lock you into a certain ending, and I really don't like the idea of that.

Overall if an EOU3 came out, I wouldn't buy it. I already have EO3, it's already amazing, the only reason I would want EOU3 is new music but that's it.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:11 pm

I can agree with this. Focus on making more EO games and in a few years do EOU3. Probably just in time for the next gen handheld to be announced.

[] - [] - [] - []

Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Postby Hobgoblin » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:07 am

I agree that I want the ending system to be preserved. If Story Mode has its own unique ending, that'd be even better, since it'd give me a reason to go through the game four times.

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:34 am

I would actually love if they expanded on the sailing. they used the entire mechanic for eo4, why not use that system for eou3? we could have much more world building with those other lands/cities.

not to mention things like the ever more polished class management and map drawing.

i feel EO3 got it right, but QoL changes would be so welcome. Refreshed class mechanics would be welcome. i know theres been discussion on certain classes being broken and classes not feeling distinct enough. i'd be eager to see how that gets addressed.

i would love if their story mode had a different objective. EO3 was different to me because it wanted to tell a story rather than... well the dungeons being the story... if that makes sense.

like from what ive played of 1 and 4, they were more set up that you discovered more as you went deeper. EO3 felt to me like it was presented in a way that what you discovered pushed you deeper. it was different. and i like that. i wish that stays preserved for a story mode. and that story mode tells its own story, rather than try to drop characters into what they gave us.

It feels like theyre trying to connect the entire world/lore in one continuity with the Ultold brach-off. theres been spoiler things discussed already with untold(and the.... anger with it) and theres even a couple jabs at it already in the demo i noticed.

i dont know how theyd manage an EOU3 however, because of those endings. how do you present a new ending for story mode in classic without gating content? or if not, then how do you preserve what EO3 even did by re-writing an entire experience for some 5 more characters(that arent ours) that doesnt come off as half-baked or alienating the fans youre trying to please with the series? i have faith in atlus, of course, but it's difficult to think about.

tldr;
-better/updated sailing
-class "balancing"
-further QoL improvements (resting at 2 lvl plz thnx)
-story mode being distinct. further insight on the world of EO
-preserve what EO3 did in the first place

ElmntNinja
Ragelope

Postby ElmntNinja » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:24 pm

Hopefully the pre-set team protagonist isn't stupidly over powered of some sort and the rest of the team doesn't have cliché personalities... or to anyone in general.

And hopefully we get to unlock the two classes again. I don't like having all the classes from the start.
And thank goodness for subclassing to be back~

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:14 am

I'll probably just be happy to have it since that means I can finally play my most developed EO team. Hm... no super drastic changes to their classes please?

And better sailing. It was fun for the first few cities but then it became too much of a hassle.

I don't know how EOU2 handles this, but please, for the love of all Yggdrasils in the world, don't semi-force us to use specific classes for Classic. It was super obvious in EOU that the game wanted me to use an Alchemist, even though a Ronin is a perfectly viable elemental attacker.

(For the story mode ending, they'll probably just take the true ending of the original. That's the most conclusive and I don't really see why they would come up with an entirely new ending.)

| |

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:20 am

What do we want? LESS LOLIS, MORE !!

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:43 am

I'm going to ask for the same thing I have wanted since the first Etrian Odyssey.

Numbers.

Just tell us exactly how strong a skill is, and how much stronger it becomes when increased. Not just "Damage ↑". Give me details. People are going to find out and it's going to show up on a Wiki somewhere, so just save us the formalities.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Fri Sep 04, 2015 4:48 pm

Oddly enough, they did that for one of the Sovereign's skills that increases Force. It will tell you the percentage you get for the increase, but yeah, I agree that the actual number increase should be there. Part of me does think the reason for them not showing the numbers is that people will automatically write off skills (even though they still do that with the wiki) as useless without seeing them in practice.

Hobgoblin
Ragelope

Postby Hobgoblin » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:02 pm

I want EO3U to have a three-to-two female to male ratio for the Story party.

And for the EOU and EO2U characters to be involved in sea quests or quests, but not the main game's storyline.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:20 pm

I'd love to see a vast improvement of the seafaring aspect of the game, more places to go (especially post-game) and to actually get to explore them, perhaps even an expanded focus on the co-op.

I wouldn't mind if some of this was provided via DLC, either.

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:56 pm

I want the voices to make sense with the characters.

Because seriously, some of them sounded far too mature/childish with some of them, and they lacked a bit of consistency. Like in battle; They're happy one moment with one line, but it keeps playing when they get hit by an attack that takes off 70% or so of their health.

I do like the idea with numbers telling us what the heck is going on. It would be a huge improvement to show me how effective a skill is, not only in turn count/what they generally do. I've had things like Horse Slash deal a mere 10-20 damage more after upgrading the skill with the same katana, and it's been consistent with that. Equipment should still be big, but skills need to give a good boost still.

Also, I don't want a "Necessary" class to any gameplay. Of course everyone will want a tank of sorts as well as a healer/buffing support, and if you don't have any elemental attacks you're not going to have a lot of ease, but I've had entire classes go unused far too often just because they let the party get wiped too easily, even though I've put them at a good enough strength and such. (Poor Sniper-Reimu. I like you, but Wufan was better.)

And in all honesty, keep voice acting in all the Etrian series from now on if it gets better. It's still a nice thing (With the consistent voices) to hear them say;"Welcome!" and the such.

Oh yeah; Female main character, 3;2 female; male ratio for party. Change it up a bit?

14 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”