Help with first stratum boss

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
Diego9000
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help with first stratum boss

Postby Diego9000 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:58 pm

Hello friends! I don't post so much here but i always get nice tips from the people here when I do. So, i would like some now...

I'm trying to beat the first boss from first stratum and it is getting quite difficult to keep up at story mode since (for me) the protector and survivalist are pretty much useless classes for everything, I never used those classes in any EO game I ever played... And I played all... (Except EOU, but I had only one as burden for me)

I can't keep up the fight after I reach about 50% of the Chimera's health.
Help! :(
Even on your bathroom F.O.E. !

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Re: Help with first stratum boss

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:05 pm

What's your levels?

[] - [] - [] - []

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:15 pm

this seems like a spoiler specific thread so dunno if its fine to spoiler tag this or not, but eh. here we go

i cant think of anything else off the top of my head the story team has access to to help beyond that
Last edited by Fluffernuff on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Diego9000
Ragelope

Postby Diego9000 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:17 pm

13 for all.
Expert. I have not many issues fighting the Deers or the Dinos FOEs.
But the boss... ._.

I wish i had a hexer in place of this old man protector on story mode.

Diego9000
Ragelope

Postby Diego9000 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:22 pm

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:24 pm

yeah i couldnt do it at 13 at all. 14 i barely scraped by using everything at my disposal. 15-16 might be the golden number in terms of an -average- group much like the story group

you might need to build them specifically for each boss.

thats one of my gripes with the story mode group. too much support/mitigation. not enough damage. etrian isnt a game that rewards attrition. long fights are bad

Diego9000
Ragelope

Postby Diego9000 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:30 pm

Exactly! Dragging the fights for too long at EO games is not a tiny bit good!
I used to beat the 3 dragons at EO3 in around 20~30 turns each, and I think it takes too much time.

I may reclass the protector if i can... >.>

Maxine MagicFox
ItL Webmaster

Postby Maxine MagicFox » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:03 pm

Note on spoilers: since this thread was clearly marked to be about the stratum one boss nothing needed to be hid unless it was post boss 1.

[] - [] - [] - []

Diego9000
Ragelope

Postby Diego9000 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:48 pm

Chimaera on the trap... looks like a struggling kitten lol

Hong
Manticor

Postby Hong » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:34 am

Whoa, can't beat it at level 13? Story mode group must really suck.

Though for what it's worth, in a way, Protectors enable more damage. In any of the games, for 99% of encounters tank classes are probably just using some defensive ability every turn unless the enemy is weak or disabled, meaning you can gear and skill your other front-liners for more damage and less defence, as well as focus on damage with your supporters.

I haven't played story mode, but if I were, I'd focus the War Magus on damage for sure. No problems with a solo Sovereign keeping my party alive through the encounter at level 12.

10 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”