Party build advice (No grimoire run)

Discuss the retelling/remastering of the second game.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
CinnamonBun
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Party build advice (No grimoire run)

Postby CinnamonBun » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:13 am

Hey all! I've been reading these forums for awhile and decided I'd finally make an account today! Please excuse my lack of anything, will customize stuff after work :P

ANYWAYS so I'm really enjoying my Classic / Standard run, however just like in Untold 1 I'm very adverse to the grimoire system. My current party is Hi / B / DH in the front row and S and M in the back row. We're almost at level 30 so I'll be retiring the entire team at that point and I'd love some advice as to what I should do! I looove my beast but I'm aware they aren't very good late game so I'm thinking of retiring him into Protector..
I'll definitely be swapping out my Survivalist for something, I was thinking Troubadour, Gunner, or Hexer. Speaking of Hexer I had also had the idea of retiring my DH into a hexer but I'm not sure yet..
Anyways my mind is swimming with ideas and I'd love for some more professional opinions on the matter.

Thank you so much everybody!

Spiderpig2398
Ragelope

Re: Party build advice (No grimoire run)

Postby Spiderpig2398 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:17 am

Hello, and welcome to the forums. This is probably strange seeing another new person welcome you, but I've been more of a lurker than a poster. That aside...

Allow me to preface my advice with two important pieces of information.

1) Beasts(And Fafnir, but that's away from the point) cannot be reclassed no matter what. It's a shame, yes, but beasts can still work well with the right build.
2) Whenever you change classes, the growths remain the same. This means that Landsknecht -> Hexer will be... somewhat lacking on the TP side of things, but Dancer -> Hexer is much better because of how much TP growth Dancer has, in addition to having slightly more tankiness.

-I haven't used Highlander enough to be able to say what it would be best as aside from itself, so I can't say much. Perhaps a Ronin, since that's also a physical-based class?
-As stated, Beasts are sadly unreclassable. If you REALLY want to replace them, you'll have to grind someone new all the way up from level 1. I'm not saying you shouldn't, but just keep that in mind.
-Dark Hunter is a weird one. It's not going to make as good a hexer as some other classes due to a small amount of TP to hex with, but if you want to do it, I can't stop you. It could make a good Landsknecht as well, I guess.
-Reclassing Survivalist into Gunner isn't a bad idea, actually. Survivalists have good speed and guns also use agility for power calculation, like bows(which I'm presuming you're using with a back row one). TP might be a little lacking, but it can still be good and has a fair bit of bulk that Gunner doesn't.
-Medics are important. If you're going to reclass it at all, your best reclass is going to be War Magus, but WM isn't as good at healing at Medic. It has its niche as a mixed attacker/healer, though, and it does pretty well with what it does.

CinnamonBun
Ragelope

Postby CinnamonBun » Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:16 am

Fluffernuff
Hunter

Postby Fluffernuff » Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:48 pm

Just a fair bit to comment here

If you mean ALTER classing, then yes. your Beast will be unable to change. Changing your class this way also keeps the stat progression of the base class you started with. this severely hampers the usefulness of the feature, as few classes have desirable stat spreads that are suited for or even on par with just being that class.

however, if you mean RETIRING, thats a different matter. you essentially lose the base character and replace them with a slightly more beefed up higher SP recruit at half level. its basically just a better "new level 1" option but you lose out on your higher level better person.

however, Retiring has a boon in the fact that retired characters show up at the cafe for grimoire trades. i understand that means nothing for your run, but its an anecdote.

as for alter class suggestions;
Highlander- Highlander is very similar to Landy in terms of progression. Ronin would lose out on damage from the loss in Str and get hurt from the drop in Agi, but might appreciate the tiny upgrade in VIT. Ronin might be the more useful skill-wise even as the biggest loss, but would ultimately be weaker than a base Ronin.

Beast- Sadly can't reclass. theyre still impressive tanks if you have the powerful direct heals from say... medic.

Dark Hunter: Dark hunter is very... specialized for it's job. the only other classes that might function with its high STR and low TEC/TP is probably Landy. Highlander is stretching it, too. War magus could work if you possibly went with a status affliction setup, but the low TP/TEC hurts war magus. alot. Plus random disease is just really gimmicky and unreliable anyway, from my experience

Survivalist: Gunner's the only class that comes to mind, really. Troubadour would LIKE the AGI... but troubadour will be USELESS with Survivalists pitiful TP pool. Gunner's likely the best bet.

Medic- just gonna say for a Beast tank, Medic is really the only healer thats gonna be able to keep the poor thing alive. Sovereign has dauntless order, but even at level 20 (meaning with grimoire) the proc rate is NOT 100%. War magus has it's war heals, but those just wont be as powerful or as useful as things like Chase Heal for Beast. Sovereign or War Magus could both work as main healers in their own right, but neither can keep up with Beasts tanking gimmick. War Magus if you HAVE to switch though

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:42 pm

With regards to reclassing, I'll just post the possible max stats for each class (Barring Beast and Fafnir which cannot reclass), and then the most important stats for each one. That said, most classes have the stat growth most suited to their main class, so reclassing generally doesn't really do anything particularly spectacular. About the best thing is reclassing a Highlander or Landsknect into a Ronin probably.

Landsknect: STR determines the amount of damage dealt. HP and VIT are good for helping with survival on the front lines.
Survivalist: AGI determines the amount of damage they deal, and also affects their evasive abilities. LUC is important for ensuring their ailments land on an enemy. HP and VIT are less important if they're being used only for damage and ailments, but become slightly more important if used as an evasive tank.
Protector: VIT and HP help with their survival, and becomes much more important if you plan on making use of Provoke. STR affects the damage of their few attack skills, and TP is important for being able to continuously make use of their defensive skills.
Dark Hunter: STR affects all damage dealt. LUC is important for making sure all their ailments and binds land. AGI helps ensure that they can inflict an enemy before they act. HP and VIT help with survival, but generally isn't as important as Dark Hunters generally rely on "lock down" strategies.
Medic: TEC affects the amount of HP they restore as well as the damage of some of their skills. TP helps give them a large amount of chances to heal with each battle. AGI ensures they can act before an enemy attacks.
Alchemist: TEC affects all damage dealt outside of normal attacks. Alchemist skills cost a ludicrous amount of TP, so a high TP pool is even more important.
Troubadour: AGI helps ensure their buffs go off before an enemy attacks, as well as affects the damage of bows. TP is important as well, as they'll be buffing often and it can wear on it. Other than that, stats aren't exactly important for this class. HP and VIT could be nice I guess.
Ronin: STR affects all damage dealt. AGI helps ensure they attack before an enemy and triggers Pre-emptive, however due to the attack speed penalty of Ground Strike and Peerless Combo, this is not as important. HP and VIT help with front line survival... something which the Ronin actually does lack in.
Hexer: LUC is the most important stat, as it ensures all their ailments and binds land. The rest of the stats really aren't as important, AGI is nice if you want to act before an enemy does.
Gunner: AGI affects all damage dealt and is their most important stat. LUC is good for affecting the chances their binds land.
War Magus: TEC and STR affect the amount of damage they deal as well as the amount of HP they restore. LUC affects the accuracy of their binds and that bind/ailment transferring skill (Name escapes me). TP is also important, as their skills are quite expensive.
Sovreign: TEC affects the amount of HP restored and the damage dealt with Link Order. TP is also fairly important as their skills can be quite taxing on it.
Highlander: STR affects all damage dealt. HP and VIT affect survival, with the former being more important as the Highlander's skills will cut into it quite often.

5 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight”