EOV Rantage!!

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

290 posts
zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: EOV Rantage!!

Postby zamisk » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:31 am

I finally got time to play it, and am loving it too! All the events in the dungeons are amazing, and make it feel a lot more like a D&D thing. Out of battle skills are so useful and rewarding, my Celestian saves my ass all the time.

I'm doing a pretty basic chase party,

Earthlain Fencer/Therian Fencer
Celestrian Shaman/Earthlain Dragoon/Brouni Botanist

I changed my Masurao into another Fencer and my Warlock into a Shaman, but I might change the Shaman back because everyone is doing pierce damage and can activate links anyway. Do Shamans get way better later, or should I go for another heavy hitter?

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

Fluffernuff
Hunter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fluffernuff » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:38 am

Status update on the Retire DLC portrait Resting grinding extravaganza!!!

Anima Zero
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Anima Zero » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:19 am

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:37 am

Just finished the 4th Stratum myself, after taking a day off to deal with clothing moth infestation. Ugh.

Was probably slightly overgrinded, as the team was Lv. 52, but the boss went down quite easily, so I'm not sure it would have made a big difference if I was 2 or 3 levels lower. And I hadn't even killed any of the 4th Stratum foe's, either. No one died, and the lowest HP anyone had at any point, was 2 party members being down to 48HP(Masurao, Blade Master), and 59HP (Botanist, Healer), and Delayed Herb had been used that turn, so they were already out of danger the following turn.

It's the most interesting boss so far, but I really just did not have any notable issues.

Team is:
Masurao(Blade Master)/Harbinger(Deathbringer)
Warlock(elemental)/Rover(Hawk)/Botanist(Healer)

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:40 pm

Reached floor 25 and finished the last battle!

(Spoilers for 5th stratum and final boss below)

The guild (no spoilers here):
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

SteelCrow
Fenrir

Postby SteelCrow » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:10 pm

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:34 pm

2nd stratum boss

I'll post updated QRs now that the whole party has fancy titles.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:04 am

On 15F right now. Everyone's lv39, but they'll be lv40 before I make it to the stratum boss. Spoilers to follow and...CHRIST MY DRAGOON'S DAMAGE!

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:41 am

Another quick update. Just knocked out the 3rd stratum boss. Quick spoilers about it and a funny 15F event to follow.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:01 pm

Started post-game stuff, done the first floor of the 6th stratum, and downed two side bosses.

French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:27 am

Random 13F quest spoiler...

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:30 pm

I have a question. After clearing the 2nd Stratum I am currently at the start of the 5th Stratum and have not gotten any better ones.

I am contemplating creating a 2nd team to experiment, because I noticed something INCREDIBLY INTERESTING in the GameFaqs walkthrough/guide. Obscenely broken team incoming if it works. Like, possibly the most game-breaking team in the whole eo series. I want to know if I can wait a little bit to save a lot of time grinding them up, or if I have to do it the old-fashioned way regardless.

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:54 pm

^ "Strongest in the series" loses some of its luster when there are already ways to beat the final challenge before it gets to fight back.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:56 pm

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:04 pm

I am kind of lost on 19F. Any tips?

290 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”