EOV Rantage!!

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

290 posts
Wolkenritter
Manticor

Re: EOV Rantage!!

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:18 am

Finally got my copy of the game, man I'm behind.

Ultimately decided on a party of Fencer, Harbinger, Pugilist, Necromancer and Shaman. Other than the Fencer who is a Therian, they're all in default races. At the moment I'm just using Chain Shock and Bolt Prayer/Thunder Fist but eventually I'll move on to Chain Killer since this party is very status heavy... which is probably expected coming from me.

Kimiko
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Kimiko » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:31 am

Early fourth stratum annoyance

Question about third stratum boss battle
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

sebberu
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sebberu » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Alright, for now, I think I'll go for
Dragoon (especially Counter Guard) / Fencer (Chaining)
Rover (Hawk) / Warlock (Clever Strike, Mana Flow) / Shaman (Dance Oracle, Passive Healing)

Tested it in the demo and seems to be pretty viable early game, at least.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:17 pm

French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:38 pm

Beat my first FOE just now, the Toxipede. Actually was kinda messy since I used Wilting Miasma + Concussion thinking he would try using Poison Fang multiple times... he seemed to prefer his standard attack instead though (Ouch).

Wasn't too bad either way though, even though they got one-shot by him, wraiths make good scapegoats. Shame my Fencer died as soon as he did though, since I ran out of wraiths.

Sigma
Killclaw

Postby Sigma » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:55 pm

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Just made it to 18F with the team at lv49. Spoilers about some...uh, fun times in the secret areas from to follow.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:02 am

I'm at that same part of the game, and
Kimiko

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:46 am

Regarding the locked/hidden areas of the second stratum
Kimiko

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:30 pm

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:25 pm

I was about to post nvm, already found the answers on GameFAQs and the Japanese wiki ^_^;

For the first question, see Anima Zero's answer above.

For the second question, the answer is .
Kimiko

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:23 pm

For anyone that made it to

Katt
Ragelope

Postby Katt » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:54 pm

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:12 pm

2nd strata moles have taught me that Pugilists have horrible infliction rates even with Wilting Miasma. Or my luck is just horrible, or the codex is lying to me and they're not weak to Leg Binds.

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:25 pm

Just made it to 20F and did some cursory exploration along with clearing out the new quests that opened up. Everyone's lv53. Spoilers to come below.

290 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”