EOV Rantage!!

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

290 posts
Diego9000
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: EOV Rantage!!

Postby Diego9000 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:59 am

Even on your bathroom F.O.E. !

Anima Zero
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Anima Zero » Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:38 am

And that's a 4th stratum boss dead. Guild Darkfire has breached the 5th stratum with the main squad at lv55. Spoilers about the boss incoming.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:33 pm

Up another level for my team and I added another boss to the kill counter, Primordiphant. Minor spoilers forthcoming.

"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:47 pm

So dropping the HP to 50% in one turn does not skip his 75% Sky Dive trigger. I found out the hard way by getting nuked by Sky Dive right after breaking his first shield, since his binds wore off by then. Ouch.

I can probably beat him now that I know not to die to Sky Dive like an idiot. Alternatively I can probably level more since he does way too much damage for me. Level 27 might be too low?

Diego9000
Ragelope

Postby Diego9000 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:00 pm

Even on your bathroom F.O.E. !

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:24 am

Petrify is ridiculous. I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to kill before even getting to 12F. Tombstone Vice is the best thing to happen to my Necromancer.

Also I swapped out my Fencer in favour of a Masuro instead. Hell Slash has better synergy with my team overall oddly enough. Either way, my team's damage output is insane. I'm starting to think I should've went for a more balanced crew instead.

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:41 pm

In all honesty, it feels like FOEs in this game are a little...underwhelming shall we say. That or my damage output is so damned insane, one of the two. Almost feels like everything needs more hp at this point because, at least for FOEs in the 5th stratum, I don't even bother with whatever gimmick I need to deal with upon entering an FOE room. Just kill said FOEs, warp back to town to refresh if needed, and go on.

Main team just made it to 23F and is sitting at lv60 btw.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:17 pm

It's your damage output. I'm still skipping half the battles (4th stratum, lv.53) because they'd cost more TP than the XP is worth. So far battles against whatever the current FOEs were at that point have been long and taxing.
Kimiko

Rewatching: Beast Player Erin

TheTruthOfPerfection
Ragelope

Postby TheTruthOfPerfection » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:01 pm

I ended up putting the game down a few days ago. It's a good game, and I have fun with it, but nothing in the game stands out as particularly amazing to me. That has killed my motivation to keep playing over other things for the time being. I stopped at early 23F.

Honestly, thus far, I have to rate the game as only being better than eo1 and eo2. Maybe better than eou1, but not sure on that. Haven't played eou2 yet, so can't compare there. eo3 is my favorite, and eo4 has some really nice things in there.

Also, the NPCs in this game so far have been easily my least favorite in the series. Overly ditzy innkeeper is annoying, shopkeep is decent, but has no real charm points, quest giver is bland with almost no personality.... Guild Master only has slight bits of personality, and not being able to see any of him makes it harder to get an impression (also this is the only game that doesn't have amazeballs guild music). Mission guy is quite nice, though, a lot of personality from him, but my image of him was sent through the floor at the start of the game with him having a voice that sounded 15 years older than his appearance.

Seemingly not as many bar regulars with vibrant personalities.... I just can't find anything to keep me sticking with the game. Forcing myself to continue is just gonna make it feel worse. I dunno. Maybe the NPCs would get enough extra juice to become good through the rest of the 5th stratum, and maybe the 6th, but I'm just not feeling it. Maybe doing away with subclasses was a terrible choice or something.

The possibilities of the past and future are as various as our imaginations. How far we can think, and what we can think of, is dependent on each of us, and what we believe in.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:47 pm

Admittedly Syrik is my favorite NPC in this game. That says a lot as while the other shopkeeps have more personality and a bit stronger relationship to the Guild yet my favorite NPCs in those games have a stronger relationship to the plot.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:48 pm

I don't get the dislike for Mirina. She's nice. Syrik on the other hand is kinda bland. Ramus is a good change of pace for city ruler. Jenetta is funny. Egar is the usual gruff guild affairs overseer. I hope we'll see more of after the third stratum () because they were pretty cool.
Kimiko

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:45 am

I feel Mirina would have worked for the post game boss as they and can give some depth into Mirina like but maybe once I actually get that post game quest, I can see why

I like learning more about Syrik. I remember a quest that develops him a bit and I wish I didn't get the requirements for it before getting the quest information from him. Maybe it is just my bias towards the Brouni and the fact I kind of relate to them due to how short I am even in my own family? I dunno. I like Syrik and I hope we can communicate with him post game in a boss battle too.

Kimiko
Manticor

Postby Kimiko » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 pm

slain, made it to the 5th stratum. At level 57 it wasn't so hard. Surprisingly, it was Xuzu who died twice, not Marda-nee. Got the boss's conditional drop right away too ^_^ It took me a while to figure out the trick to
Kimiko

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:42 pm

Just beat the and made it to the 4th strata. Its weird that I found the random enocunters a bigger threat than the FOEs and the boss. Both the and were easy enough to kill even when I first encountered them which was surprising.

The boss put up a slightly bigger fight, but only because his friends got a free hit on my Masuro while I was setting up debuffs and ailments on them all. was immensely helpful in the fight, really eased up on Wraith management.

Anima Zero
Bloodant

Postby Anima Zero » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:16 pm

Sitting on 23F at the moment with my team at lv60. Ended up swapping out my Masurao for a debuff focused Harbinger and my Rover for a Necromancer. Having the ult weapons of both classes was my main reasoning for bringing them in. The Necromancer's Brahmagiri has a stupid good skill on it, Banefire Breath. Nice damage AND debuffs elemental defenses? Why yes, I did want another way to buff X-Buster's damage, thanks game!

As for the Harbinger...Cradle Edge gets Explode. Just a straight up fire damage AoE. Did some good damage on 5th stratum enemies despite my Harbinger's low int.

Finally...a 5th stratum event which needs to be spoilered.

290 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”