I hope EO5 will have Character customization

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

heprea
Diabolix
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I hope EO5 will have Character customization

Postby heprea » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:32 pm

Mole-chan I....

Dangerus
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dangerus » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:57 am

heprea
Diabolix

Postby heprea » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:43 am

Mole-chan I....

Nesmontou
Ragelope

Postby Nesmontou » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:12 pm

For te record, from what I can remember, Liam O'Brien also voiced Akihiko in Persona 3, Orlando in Catherine, Caius in the FF13 games, and Bertrand in Untold 2. So as he's been in U2, his might be one of the possible voices in 5. Also, even if it's all cutesy moe voices, the option to turn them off still exists, it even does in the Untold games and Atlus confirmed it existed in 5 some time ago.

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:34 pm

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:51 pm

I need a male voice that's 10% seductive, 30% "I'm awesome and I know it" and 60% deceptively cute. The chance to get that in an English dub is probably less than 0%.

| |

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:26 pm

I'm personally expecting there to be 40 English voices to match the Japanese version. but with a lot more reused voice actors just doing different voices. Atlus is usually pretty good with localizing, but if they can't find enough voice actors (and I doubt they're willing to cash too much into getting a lot of good voice actors, seeing as Etrian Odyssey isn't exactly their most popular franchise in the first place) then I wouldn't be surprised if they just keep the Japanese voices in, which honestly wouldn't be THAT bad, though it would be somewhat of a letdown as there is a lot of potential to the idea.

I wouldn't get too fussy if a English dub did happen and it wasn't the best thing ever. It's such a small part of the game that Atlus has to worry about a LOT, and I don't think it's really fair to judge the localization as a whole because it isn't on the scale that the Japanese version had. And either way, having some voices is statistically better than having no voices at all, so we're only getting more, and even if you don't like the voices you don't have to add them.

Though I may be a little biased as I do kinda like cheesy dubs in a weird sort of way.
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:13 am

38 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”