Speculation regarding the setting of EO V

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

zamisk
ItL Moderator

Re: Speculation regarding the setting of EO V

Postby zamisk » Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:26 pm

I almost finished one route. Maybe it's time to finish...

"Everyone else is idiots, Zamisk. And you am idiots. And I are idiots."
-PLA

sebberu
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sebberu » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:19 pm

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby MeltingPenguins » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:33 pm

It's a bit of a pity they're apparently switching planets all together. I would have hoped for having a game set back in the Empire, hundreds of years ago.

sponge7325
Killclaw

Postby sponge7325 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:18 pm

A new planet? This will cause some complications for explaining Skyseek's presence, if this truly turns out to be the case.
With the city's close location to Yggdrasil, and with the large map, I doubt that this game will revolve around exploring Yggdrasil itself as much, and more on exploring the world itself, like in EO4. I also believe that that large metallic structure will also be a dungeon, somewhat like Gladshiem in EOU. Maybe, just maybe, you'll be able to explore this new Yggdrasil AND the world, but that might be a long shot.
Two moons is hard to explain, if this isn't another planet. Well, on one hand, I'm not sure that there's ever really been any sort of message or picture BEFORE that says that there aren't two moons on the 'normal' planet, but then again, the Etrian Odyssey world IS , so there IS that, but THEN AGAIN, this kind of weird stuff happens sometimes. :P
Still, same planet or different, this new setting is absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to see what the new classes and such will be like (I was somewhat hoping for an EO1/EO2 thing, where the classes were pretty much the same from EO4 but with some new classes, but that doesn't look likely anymore, BUT STILL).
Go, Skyseek Tharsis, Armoroad, and Lagaard Divisions! + Asgarla Division!

MeltingPenguins
Bloodant

Postby MeltingPenguins » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:06 pm

My fingers are still crossed that the repeated screw-up of mankind talked about in the teaser actually means the one that lead up to the HoD and 5 will be the backstory of the Empire. And the second moon is just there as optical filler

cosecant
Ragelope

Postby cosecant » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:36 pm

plot twist: EOV takes place on its own alternate continuity.

Either way, I'm betting this game will be the 2nd 'radical' game like EO3.
i know absolutely nothing

Wolfie
Ragelope

Postby Wolfie » Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:27 pm

If you die in the Labyrinth do you die in real life?
[]

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:10 pm

It's about time ATLUS released some more information about EOV...

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:18 am

Wait. EOIV and EOIII had different writers? That would explain a lot of things (like the research elaborated on in EMD), but at the same time, I love them both equally. With that said, my hopes for this could be that they link information from all of them like That was a bonus for me playing these games because it sort of was a crossover that I want to keep seeing each time.

Other things I want to see are probably new classes. Or revamps of older classes like what EOIV did with the Landsknect and Medic. What I don't want to see is Untold being mentioned. I want my future experience to be free of those *shudder* mandatory preset characters. Don't get me wrong, I loved having the preset characters in EOIV (Especially .) But Untold's characters to me were pretty much the one thing that made me sell my copy of the games and debate whether or not Untold 2 is even worth picking up. (Princess Arianna and the Knight of Fafnir have a better design than Frederica and the Highlander but may be still a forced romance.)

Reynard-Miri
Manticor

Postby Reynard-Miri » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Honestly, I didn't even bother with Story Mode. I went straight for Classic, and it was amazing. (I'm still nowhere near finishing it, though. =/)

Dangerus
Manticor

Postby Dangerus » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:38 am

Love Deterrence
Ragelope

Postby Love Deterrence » Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:36 pm

The Yggdrasil is truly a weapon to surpass Metal Gear.

To be honest it's pretty hard to figure out the setting from this image because there's so much going on. Maybe it finally takes place in MURICA, and that volcano to the West is Hawaii or something I don't know I'm not smart.

ZetaBladeX13
ItL Moderator

Postby ZetaBladeX13 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:24 pm

It's been nearly a year since they announced EOV (a little over a month left), and still not even a little bit of info. Not even an announcement of the platform, leading me to wonder that it might even be on WiiU.

Hopefully they'll announce something about it soon, or perhaps they're just waiting until the announcement's 1-year anniversary :V

Since the announcement, they've released Persona Q, EOII:U, and Mystery Dungeon outside of Japan. They've got nothing left in the works, so I imagine they're going to show us something in the near future.

... I hope =P

Wolkenritter
Manticor

Postby Wolkenritter » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:38 pm

They're probably playing it safe for the moment. EO2U had a pretty nasty backlash in Japan, and the same development team is going to be working on EO5 it seems.

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:29 am

40 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”