Etrian Odyssey V for 3DS launches August 4 in Japan

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

406 posts
MrTwinklehead
Diabolix

Re: Etrian Odyssey V for 3DS launches August 4 in Japan

Postby MrTwinklehead » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:49 am

I'm probably gonna do something very generic. Like a primary damage dealer, a tank and a healer at first and after that I'll probably just play around until I find a team I like.
- [] - [] - [] - [] -

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:00 am

...so I see the news on RPGfan and then realize I'm a week behind the rest of you. XD I'm really wondering how this one's going to play out, though.

So after looking through the topic thus far, and watching some of the videos, do you folks think that this will be the last numbered entry in the series based off the subtitle of the game? I wonder if all these different locations on the map are going to be sub-dungeons or if they're all main story locations? Will they ever go into more detail about WHAT caused the downfall that necessitated the Yggdrasil Project? I feel like I have far too many questions, but they're going to have to wait til we get the game.

sebberu
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby sebberu » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:19 pm

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:24 pm

"Roses are red, violets are blue
Im not a really big fan of tofu
But what i do love is jenetta, my adorable bunny waifu"
Happily married to jenetta the drunken bunny maid since 06:15 The 13/5 2016. She's my really beautiful bunny waifu. Sweeter than sugar, more kind and loving than a nurse. And not to forget, she's the most attractive one in this universe. My love for her surely isn't something you can reverse...
Drunken bunny waifu theme:

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:06 am

Aslarga is for Mystery Dungeon. And we do have eight.

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:24 am

Happily married to jenetta the drunken bunny maid since 06:15 The 13/5 2016. She's my really beautiful bunny waifu. Sweeter than sugar, more kind and loving than a nurse. And not to forget, she's the most attractive one in this universe. My love for her surely isn't something you can reverse...

Gleason
Fenrir

Postby Gleason » Thu Mar 17, 2016 5:45 am

Yeah, Eo3's based on Armoroad, and I also thought the tree came from space somewhere to uh, take care of the True ending final boss. Details are scant on the Etrian wiki, but it says neither the EO3 tree nor the Amber Yggdrasil were counted among the seven created by the scientists. Combine that info with sebberu's list and we're..uh... at 5 trees? 6 if you count the Amber Yggdrasil?

sebberu
Fenrir

Postby sebberu » Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:15 am

Personally, I think the EO3 tree's story is very open to interpretation. :D

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:35 pm

Yeah... I hope etrian odyssey move on to something else when they run out of threes tho. The series doesnt deserve to die yet...

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:27 pm

I just found this... Can anyone that knows japanese check this and see if theres any new info here? It would be really nice :)

YangKoete
Bloodant

Postby YangKoete » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:44 pm

Where it has the four characters (Brown-haired rabbit, Blond Elf, tan Brani and man-bun human), it leads to a page that lets you customize hair, skin and eyes. Some samples are laid out already, so-YES. TESTING THE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION SETS! YAYYYY!!~~~ (There's proably other outfit colours at least, I don't see that currently), but it currently lets you customize Fencer, Dragoon and Warlock.

The music is also unavailable, but will be ready within a couple months, but will come with the game if special-ordered.

The yellow square section leads to the blog for the game.

The purple one is a limited pre-order deal. Total Price for game; 6,480 yen, special deal; 9,980 yen.

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:54 pm

Whait what? I couldn't acsess the character customization page. When i click on the "more" option next to it, it just takes me to a page named intro?

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:58 pm

Nevermind, i found it

X1faceplamcombo
Ragelope

Postby X1faceplamcombo » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:06 pm

And yeah... Thanks for the help :)

Endra
Fenrir

Postby Endra » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:26 pm

The female dragoon sihouettes look too promising. Don't mess up my plans please D:

| |

406 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”