Etrian Odyssey V for 3DS launches August 4 in Japan

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

406 posts
PLA
Manticor
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Etrian Odyssey V for 3DS launches August 4 in Japan

Postby PLA » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:12 pm

New one doesn't have much TP-regen. Best bet looks like equipping some TP-walk on a Warlock or Shaman who can share their own TP with the rest.
"Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons!"

"I'm so happy with my evil plan; goodbye to music, gym and art
Soon I'll have the perfect school, where fun and excitement never start"

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

SteelCrow
Fenrir
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby SteelCrow » Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:08 am

The name of the game is definitely conservation over recovery. I can understand why the skills are made this way now, since doing so maintains a steady and predictable pace as players move through the labyrinth. No more freedom from the inn. Much easier to keep things balanced.

But I love it when game mechanics do such wild things that they take up a life of their own.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:15 pm

Nah, three Warlocks splashing TP at eachother could probably keep going forever. Doesn't even keep them from attacking, indeed they hit harder together.

People also mention an improved food-situation making them less concerned about TP.

You get to name one doggo and one birdo in total.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:32 pm

For those who want to hear the full version :

This intro is amazing <3
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Inquisitor Zero
Ragelope

Postby Inquisitor Zero » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:47 pm

With the Skill information out and all.... what do yall think of this party design:

Reaper (1st Name), Dragoon (1st Name), Masorao (1st Name)

Necromancer (1st Name), Warlock (2nd Name)/Shaman (1st Name)

I really am not sure about the warlock or Shaman yet....

Thoughts?

Myssdii
Fenrir

Postby Myssdii » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:18 pm

I'd stay that going 2nd name 2 Warlock without Shaman is not really worth it, as only Shaman can affect ennemies' elemental weakness that Warlock loves to exploit.

If I were you, I'd go with 2nd name 2 Hound (the one with the dog), as it seems it synergizes well with Necromancer. Drop Shot looks amazing for your team :)
French Player :3

Current runs:
EOX: War Magus/Hero - Highlander/Pugilist - Imperial/Nightseeker | Harbinger/Survivalist - Ninja/Ronin

Inquisitor Zero
Ragelope

Postby Inquisitor Zero » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:23 pm

Well with only three summon slots, and one being taken by a bunker and then 1 - 2 by ghosts, I don't see how it would have Synergy. But I agree that Shaman/ Warlock combo is great. I just don't know where to fit it...

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:14 am

Drop Shot doesn't do anything fancy. It just deals more damage to the back row. Some data was misinterpreted.

Summoners don't get along super well. Pets and bunkers do alright together, but ghosts hate sharing. The only thing a necromancer can do without a ghost is summoning a ghost manually, so it wants to keep as many ready as possible.

Hound is one of the best at feeding a Masurao's Sanzu-chase. But bird-focus does that better than dog-focus.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Inquisitor Zero
Ragelope

Postby Inquisitor Zero » Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:20 am

I guess I could swap my Necromancer for a Hound. But then no res. Skills :/ I am not too keen on the Herbalist, which is a first for me in an EO game.

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:01 am

Two ghosts are better than one, though. Doesn't have to be all three. You can make it work.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Inquisitor Zero
Ragelope

Postby Inquisitor Zero » Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:38 am

That is very true. Now the question is, Do I Keep the Warlock or Shaman....

PLA
Manticor

Postby PLA » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:41 am

If you have both a Masurao and a Reaper, levelling new people can be super fast. Try them out.

Wagahaiwa neko de aru.

Inquisitor Zero
Ragelope

Postby Inquisitor Zero » Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:29 pm

Good thought!

How viable would my party be if I swiched out my Masauro for a Shaman? I am thinking it may be too squishy.

Inquisitor Zero
Ragelope

Postby Inquisitor Zero » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:47 pm

Another thing:

Do we know how High Speed Incantation interacts with Incantation Reduction Form?

Inquisitor Zero
Ragelope

Postby Inquisitor Zero » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:05 pm

Three posts in a row! I feel like such a Geek right now....

So the more I look into it, I find that I really want the Shaman-Warlock Combo, and I fo sho would like to keep my Necromancer and Dragoon.

I really like the Masurao for my damage, but I feel like I need the Reaper to keep my bases covered as far as statuses are concerned.

The Necromancer seems to be good at inflicting statuses, without the diversity. Assuming that there is a comparable forging system to E05, would it be viable to Keep a Masurao and have my Necromancer be my status person, and just have a variety of forged weapons to fill in the status gap? I already planned on (again if forging works similarly) making binding scythes for the Reaper, it just is a little more extreme.

From a flavor prospective, I would have all the races :3

PS: I know the descriptions say that the Dragoon is a front line defender, but would it not function better as a back like defender?

406 posts

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”