NX Rumored to be Handheld; Future of EO?

Discuss the fifth game in the series.

Moderator: ItL Moderators

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1
WillowWolf
Bloodant
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

NX Rumored to be Handheld; Future of EO?

Postby WillowWolf » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:45 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... ontrollers

Which doesn't necessarily mean that it's truth, since I've found nothing of Nintendo's that supports or denies this (only thing I've seen is the March 2017 release).
I love handhelds, so if this is true, I'll be pretty stoked that I can play on TV or on the go. I think it's believable, since Nintendo has always dominated the handheld market- at least since the original DMG Gameboy came out.
But I'm worried about one of the core mechanics of EO- the map-making- which has been utilized on the bottom touch screen of the 3/DS systems.
Might the NX be a touchscreen item, like the Wii U gamepad? So if you hook up to the TV it might be possible to still do the mapping, but that would take away the portable aspect of the series as a whole (not a horrible thing, just what they've been doing since the first EO on the DS).

What're your guys' thoughts?

Wolfling
Ragelope

Re: NX Rumored to be Handheld; Future of EO?

Postby Wolfling » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:26 am

If may reply to this,

Yes we will probably lost the ability to make map will traversing the EO overworld but if it has a switch button, which can quickly Change to map making screen its pretty doable

Dangerus
Manticor

Re: NX Rumored to be Handheld; Future of EO?

Postby Dangerus » Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:01 am

Though it is the Switch and it seems to not want to replace the 3DS as much.

3 posts [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
• Page 1 of 1

Return to “Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth”